Nuprime Bluetooth Receiver Question

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Nuprime Bluetooth Receiver Question
« on: 31 Mar 2016, 02:56 pm »
This is directed to Jason or John.

Can the Bluetooth receiver be attached to DACs (different brands) even if there is no USB socket? [Is there an adapter, for example?]

Alternatively, do you sell a Bluetooth receiver for non-Nuprime DACs? Will the WR-100 effectively replace the need for a Bluetooth receiver?

I am interested in being able to stream TIDAL specifically.

Thank you.

Michael

rustydoglim

Re: Nuprime Bluetooth Receiver Question
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2016, 03:25 pm »
The bluetooth receiver that comes with IDA-8 is proprietary to NuPrime with 4 pin outputs as
pin1 = +5V
pin2 = S/PDIF
pin3 = S/PDIF
pin4 = GND
This is not a USB connector.  It converts bluetooth into S/PDIF for IDA-8's DAC to decode.

To stream TIDAL by WiFi to a receiver, you can wait for the Omnia device that is coming out around July.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2016, 03:33 pm »
Jason,

Thank you.

The WR-100 isn't an option? [I know TIDAL isn't included in the list, but supposedly will be included before long, no?]

Omnia.....been wondering when it would appear....looking forward to its release.  :thumb:

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2016, 04:04 pm »
There are two hi-res possibilities for TIDAL's support (not counting the bluetooth):
1) Load Omnia app on your smartphone and it allows you to run TIDAL app and stream to WR-100. There is some technical challenge but I heard it can be done. I think for Android smartphone this is much easier to do.
2) Wait for TIDAL to support Qualcomm AllPlay.

Or just switch to Spotify  :P