Linked Events

• Central Washington Audio GtG: 3 Mar 2012

Audio Get Together in Central Washington State March. 3rd 2012

BenjaminWebber

SCROLL DOWN TO SEE PICTURES.  I just want to remind everyone that March 3rd is coming up soon!  Anyone who would like to attend is invited.  Bring any dish you would like to share, whatever it might be.  Bring a couple items you would like to sell or trade, if you wish.  It would be nice to mention if you plan to come, so we can have some idea of how many to prepare for.  You can post here, or send me a message.

So far I know that Tube Research Labs will be there, of course.  Riggle Audio is coming with the Woody tonearm mounted on a Thorens 124.  Bob of The Audio Attic is coming.  Bob had to close his store due to a very serious motorcycle accident.  He will bring some items he has left.  One fellow audiophile has passed away.  His son plans to bring a couple items and a list and/or pictures of the rest.  There are many others I have not mentioned.  Feel free to list what you plan to bring on this thread if you like.  Or, just mention that you plan to come.

It should be a great time to meet with people who care about sound!  We will be listening to different pieces of gear,  including great gear like TRL amps.  We expect people to bring everything from single tubes to sell to great tube amps.  Come, and lets have a great time!

[/b]Saturday March 3rd, 2011  10 North 6th Ave. Yakima, WA 98902  10AM to 6PM

Sponsored by TRL with their famous smoked turkey, potluck also, RSVP if you'll bring a special dish or soft drinks, etc.

Swap meet at back of room and next door, feel free to bring a couple items for sale/swap/show off

Tube Res will bring their 400W tube amps, GRRP preamp, Dude preamp, their Scully SP14 with original recordings at 15 and 30ips as well as some pressing plant masters, and a 1/2" Ampex 440 with additional 1/4" guides/headstacks in rolling console, very nice and all the extras and remotes (for sale).  Also, and early TRL OTL amp with regulated power supply built in 1982 and still in use for display and listen.

Expected special guests include noted magazine reviewers and several manufacturers from Washington State and Idaho.

P.S.  Due to current road conditions, and that many will be traveling over passes, we have decided to re-schedule our event for March 3rd.  Hopefully, this will be more convenient for all!  Please inform anyone you have invited or know are planning to come, of the change of date.

Sincerely,

Benjamin :wave:
« Last Edit: 6 Mar 2012, 08:56 am by BenjaminWebber »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Audio Get Together in Central Washington State Feb. 4th 2012
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2012, 12:59 pm »
Wish I could make this...a TRL event sounds like FUN!

Don't forget to update wtih some eye candy.   :D

BenjaminWebber

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2012, 01:17 am »
Wish I could make this...a TRL event sounds like FUN!

Don't forget to update wtih some eye candy.   :D

Since I haven't posted a picture here before, and am going to give a couple links to a couple manufactures that I know are coming so far.  Hopefully, I will be adding to this as the days go by. 

Of course Tube Research Labs will be there.  Since I think the pictures on their web-site are kind of small, I am going to refer to www.higherfi.com/amplist/amplist.htm.  There are 43 amplifiers over $100K listed at this site.  TRL's is the 20th one on this list as you scroll down.  People should not be frightened, since Paul also produces very affordable amps.  They also modify CD players.  I have a Sony 900 they modified, and wouldn't replace it if I won the lottery.

Pete Riggle is coming, and will bring a Thorens TD124 turntable with one of his Woody Tone-arms on it.  I have Pete's VTAF and Counter Weight on my Rega RB300.  It turned out to be an inexpensive, yet major improvement for my analogue system.  Pete's web-site (with lot of good pictures) is vtaf.com.

Thanks for the idea about eye candy! 

Hey, anyone who is coming, and knows what they are going to bring, feel free to post it here.

BenjaminWebber

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2012, 03:33 am »
Thanks for the idea regarding eye candy.  For now, I want to add links of manufactures as I am informed of what they plan to bring.  One way to see a nice picture of one of TRL's amplifiers is to go to www.higherfi.com/amplist/amplist.htm, and scroll down to the 20th $100K amp listed.  Never fear.  TRL has affordable amps too, and modifies CD players, among other things.  I love my TRL modified CD player!

BenjaminWebber

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2012, 03:38 am »
Pete Riggle is also coming.  His site is www.vtaf.com.  His site has lots of pictures.  Check out his PoBoy speakers!  Click on "About Us" and go to the 2nd to last picture. 

Pete is bringing a Thorens TD124 fitted with one of his Woody tone-arms.  Pete's vtaf and counter weight are inexpensive, yet made a huge improvement to my RB300! 

Rclark

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan 2012, 03:41 am »
Wish I could make this one but Yakima is a hell of a drive. Let us know how it goes.  :thumb:

BenjaminWebber

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jan 2012, 03:43 am »
Bob Vaughan of The Audio Attic is coming.  He closed his store a few years ago after a very serious motorcycle accident.  He plans to bring a pair of Dali Mentor 6 speakers and a Richard Gray Power Supply to see if there are any takers.  He is an awesome guy!

scott_man

« Reply #7 on: 18 Jan 2012, 10:04 pm »
Unfortunately, that weekend is already overbooked, but it sounds like a great event!

Please do it again (soon) and post in advance!

Thanks.  Enjoy and safe travels to and from

Scott B.

BenjaminWebber

« Reply #8 on: 18 Jan 2012, 11:49 pm »
Unfortunately, that weekend is already overbooked, but it sounds like a great event!

Please do it again (soon) and post in advance!

Thanks.  Enjoy and safe travels to and from

Yes, now that I am getting the hang of this, I will post much sooner next time.   

Scott B.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #9 on: 19 Jan 2012, 12:10 am »
Say hello to Paul for me!

BenjaminWebber

« Reply #10 on: 20 Jan 2012, 01:02 am »
Three Things

Big Red Machine, I will say HI to Paul for you.  I have enjoyed reading about your TRL products.  I have one of their products so far, a mod.  I don't think I would want to be without my CD player after they modified it, even if I won the lottery.  They turned a Clark Kent Sony into a  Superman.

As far as the pot-luck goes, we have decided to just let people bring whatever they might like to share.

I welcome anyone who is planning to attend, to post any gear (pictures too) they are going to bring with them.

BenjaminWebber

« Reply #11 on: 24 Jan 2012, 11:53 pm »
We have decided to change the date of our event from Feb 4th to March 3rd.  This is due to the weather we have been having as of late.  Please inform anyone you know was planning to come of this change.

Sincerely,

Benjamin

BenjaminWebber

Re: Audio Get Together in Central Washington State March. 3rd 2012
« Reply #12 on: 22 Feb 2012, 04:47 am »
I just wanted to remind everyone that March 3rd is coming soon!

rich121

« Reply #13 on: 24 Feb 2012, 04:55 pm »
Hello Ben,

This is Rick from Yakima, just was informed of your get-to-gether and it sounds great!

I look forward to seeing you and others at the event!

BenjaminWebber

« Reply #14 on: 25 Feb 2012, 02:38 am »
Rick,

I'm glad you found out about it.  I suspect your email address has changed?

rich121

« Reply #15 on: 25 Feb 2012, 07:51 am »
Same email address, but wouldn't be the first time I didn't get email that was sent to me  :D

rich121

« Reply #16 on: 26 Feb 2012, 06:42 am »
I may bring my Sony SCD-1 CD/SACD player. I sent it to the Sony Service Center in Texas just before I put it in storage...nothing wrong with it, but the warranty only had a couple weeks...they said all was fine, but I asked them to replace the Firmware ROM chip and anything that may cause problems in the near future, so they also replaced the laser assembly and spindle motor.

I have also purchase many New "spare" Sony parts to keep this working perfectly for a long time, such as:

1 New- Sony Laser Assembly (A-6062-396-A)

1 New- Sony Tilt Motor Assembly (X-4952-148-1)

1 New- Sony Spindle Motor Assembly (1-763-254-11)

1 New- Sony Loading Motor Assembly (A-4672-674-A)

1 New- Sony Loading Motor Damper (4-218-604-01)

1 New- Sony Gear (B) (496886401)

1 New- Sony Gear (C) (496886511)

1 New- Sony Gear (D) (496886611)

3 New- Sony Polyslider (336473101)

2 New- OEM Sled Motor (Kysan RF-300CH-11400)

2 New- Special order/custom cut, Sled Motor Gears (Delrin 100AF
with Teflon)

« Last Edit: 29 Feb 2012, 07:02 am by rich121 »

BenjaminWebber

Tomorrow is the day!  Tube Research Labs is going to bring an Ampex 440 1/2" track.  It is already spoken for.  They will also bring some 1/4" Master Dubs to sell.  Paul mentioned
The Eagles and America.  Steve is bringing an open reel to sell (Technics 1520).

A bunch are coming and bringing goodies from the Tri-Cities.

See ya all there.   

BenjaminWebber

Pete Riggle giving a presentation on his 12 inch Woody tonearm

Pictures of the Woody tonearm

Master Dub 4-Sale by TRL

Swap Meet Stuff

DAC by TRL (Power Supply in Another Chassis Not Shown)

The DUDE Pre-amp by TRL (Pictures do not do it justice!)

Stephaen Harrell of 6moons audio demonstrating Qol Signal Completion Stage

Ampex 440 (I took the very best "toy" home!)

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Looks like it was a good time. 

How does one get original master tapes?   :o   :drool: