Raising Money for Bill Baker - Flood Sale - Modified SB Duet

arthurs

Many of us know Bill Baker as a great designer and builder of top notch audio gear.  Those of us who know him a little better know what a good man he is and how important and tight knit his extended family is to him.  Bill and his were profoundly affected with many others by the extreme flooding in upstate NY recently.  There are pictures and video of it available all over the net, maybe someone smarter than me can post some here.  Bill had his shop wiped out completely by the water, a total loss, and his family members were affected up to and including one home rendered uninhabitable.  I've seen the best of AC when some of our members have needed our support and thought this was another time we can show the kind of generosity and grace that many of our members here have.

I am selling two items in support of Bill and 100% of the sale will go direct to him and his family to help ease their burden even a little bit right now.

For this circle I have an Analog Research modified Squeezebox Duet that you can read about here  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=98001.0 

Pat does outstanding work, and this is a real gem for digital playback with or without a DAC.  I'd like to again get a minimum of $250 to send Bill, but you can contribute more if you like.

If you're interested in helping out and would like to make an offer, please PM me (or feel free to post here if you like) and we'll work out pricing.  I'll be asking buyers to either paypal (plus cover fees) or mail payment direct to Bill and I'll send the units to them.

Thanks for looking and in advance for helping out one of our own in a tough spot.

Peace,
Art

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Re: Raising Money for Bill Baker - Flood Sale - Modified SB Duet
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2011, 09:21 pm »
I'll bid $250 to start. :)

arthurs

« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2011, 11:50 pm »
Thanks Hugh, you're the best....   :thumb:

Delacroix

« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2011, 02:02 am »
I can't bid on this right now but I am willing to throw in $50 to a pot to help out Bill and his family. For the record, I don't know him, have never dealt with him but the images on his site (http://www.responseaudio.com/flood%202011.htm) should make us all pause for a minute and thank our good fortune.  Art -- let me know how to send you that cash so you can add it to whatever final price you get on this item.

Patrick

arthurs

« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2011, 02:31 am »
Thanks Patrick.  You can paypal me at asmuck@sbcglobal.net or if you want to mail a check drop me a line.  I'll gather funds and document for us here, then send them on to Bill each week.

Thanks again,
Art

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2011, 03:18 am »
Art,
I've sent you a Paypal for Bill.  If you know where to send it, please send a bit to Lee's widow as well. Thanks for taking the point on this.
Scott

arthurs

« Reply #6 on: 22 Sep 2011, 01:58 pm »
Scott, thanks so much for your generosity here.  Funds will be forwarded as directed and will send you confirmation.  Thanks again, Art

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #7 on: 23 Sep 2011, 01:57 pm »
This may not be the appropiate(sp?) thread but wow, what is going on lately? I've been away for a while pop back on here to catch up a bit and see Bill has lost his shop, Lee W. has passed etc. Geez, this is terrible. I'd like to help if I can, going out of town this morning but when I get back I'll see what I can come up with to put up for auction in hopes of helping out a little bit.  Though I don't know Bill too well I do know that he is a good man and has helped many, I'm so sorry to hear he's having such a terrible time, Mother Nature can be such a bitch some times. :(

arthurs

« Reply #8 on: 26 Sep 2011, 01:21 am »
Anyone want to raise the price from $250 before this great little setup goes to Hugh?

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #9 on: 26 Sep 2011, 02:06 am »

Like what you are doing Arthur. Way to go.

Folks can also paypal Bill directly with donations at response34@aol.com. That's what I did and he got it o.k.

Rocket_Ronny

arthurs

« Reply #10 on: 26 Sep 2011, 03:42 am »
Thanks for pitching in Ronny!  I sent Bill funds today from myself and other AC good guys, and have some funds pending I'll send to him and Lee's widow early this week.  Also, Bill C ended up with the WyWire cable and is sending $300 to Bill direct.  I know Bill Baker is beyond words grateful to everyone here who has stepped in to help, its a good thing we do around here for those in need.  I think Patrick put it best in the note he sent me about his donation for Bill "these are harsh times and we need to remember our common humanity" I'm thrilled so many folks here agree....

Thanks again all, Hugh drop me a line or call me, you have yourself a modified SB Duet for $250 towards the cause!

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #11 on: 26 Sep 2011, 02:03 pm »
SA,

Thanks again for doing this.

Go ahead and send it to SH for me please Sir.

If you'll need his address then let me know as well as the total shipped.

Thanks,

arthurs

« Reply #12 on: 26 Sep 2011, 02:35 pm »
Thanks Hugh, I will coordinate with Nhan.  Sent you a text on how to send funds to Bill.  Thanks again for your support here Hugh, you time and again show me you are one of the most caring, decent and considerate people I know....   :notworthy: