ACI's in Maryland Area, ACI vs. M&K

smithb

« on: 31 Mar 2006, 07:55 am »
New to this forum. I have the itch to swap out my HT speakers and have a few questions.

First, anyone in the Maryland area that might allow someone to hear their ACI speakers? I am most interested in the Panorama's and Protege's.

I currently have three M&K S-150s upfront, four SS-200's for sides and back, and a 350MX sub. Most of the time I am happy with the setup for movies but sometimes they are a bit too in your face and listening to music or concerts leaves me wanting more. I'm 90% movies and only 10% music and concerts, so it hasn't been to bad.

Just curious if any others are familar with ACI and M&K and would like to offer their experiences.

If I do make the switch, I am thinking of keeping the four SS-200s becuase I like the Tripole effect. So it would also be interesting to hear how people would think ACI's up front would mix with the M&K's for surrounds.

Brad

balji

• http://www.highdefzone.us
« Reply #1 on: 2 Apr 2006, 03:26 am »
Hi Brad
My showroom is only 3 hours away from Washington DC, if you like you can visit and audition the Talisman SE speakers which are Panoramas built on top of Force SUBs. We will just turn off the SUB or keep it to a minimum to mimic the Panoramas. I dont have any Protege's on display but I would love to demo Sapphire XLs to you so that you know what the hype is all about. Bring your friends along, spend a few hours trying out different combinations of amps, preamps with the ACI speakers. I have following on display:

Talisman SEs
Sapphire XLs
Sapphire 1995 version
Emeralds
Maestro

Thanx