Emerald On-Walls

mw1030

Emerald On-Walls
« on: 24 Aug 2005, 09:20 pm »
Just got a new pair of Emerald On-Walls and a Protege Center Speaker. I've had a pair of Opals for 3-4 years, so I know about the quaility of ACI Speakers. These Emerald On-Walls are amazing! Very punchy. Much sharper than the Opals. And, I don't even have them mounted to the wall yet. These speakers are amazingly versatile at this price point. Very functional. Can be used as mains or surrounds. Very easy size wise to place for surrounds. I was tempted when I heard these babies to buy 2 or 3 more..they are that good. If the Emeralds are this good, I can only imagine what the Sapphires, Jags, Proteges, Panoramas must be like?

I don't have my home theater set up yet, so I can't comment on how the Protege Center sounds. I can tell you the thing is heavy! I can imagine how much the Essence must weigh?!?

In sum, the On-Wall Emeralds are an amazing speaker for the price and are more than enough speaker for 2 channel and/or home theater for a lot of people.

Mike

Mike Dzurko

• Facilitator
Re: Emerald On-Walls
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2005, 01:32 pm »
Quote from: mw1030
Just got a new pair of Emerald On-Walls and a Protege Center Speaker. I've had a pair of Opals for 3-4 years, so I know about the quaility of ACI Speakers. These Emerald On-Walls are amazing! Very punchy. Much sharper than the Opals. And, I don't even have them mounted to the wall yet. These speakers are amazingly versatile at this price point. Very functional. Can be used as mains or surrounds. Very easy size wise to place for surrounds. I was tempted when I heard these babies to buy 2 or 3 more..they are  ...

Mike:

Thanks for posting! Wait till you hear them mounted on-wall . . . that's when you'll get the real sense of "body" to go with the rest :)

Have a super Thursday!