Absorption

LP1

Absorption
« on: 7 May 2015, 12:38 pm »
Seeking recommendations for best wall panels to absorb 200-2000. Dealing with a lot of slap echo and excessive midrange bounce. Thanks.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Absorption
« Reply #1 on: 7 May 2015, 12:48 pm »
GIK (check out their circle here at Audio Circle).

ACHiPo

« Reply #2 on: 7 May 2015, 01:08 pm »
GIK (check out their circle here at Audio Circle).
Yep, the 7" thick monster traps with diffuser plates should work pretty well in that range without killing the high end.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2015, 06:48 pm »
Yep, the 7" thick monster traps with diffuser plates should work pretty well in that range without killing the high end.

I agree the Monster will work pretty well, but if you just need above 200hz the 244 is more then enough.

jimtranr

« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2015, 09:12 pm »
In my less-than-ideal listening space (read "very-lived-in, shared-with-a-spouse living/dining room"), the standard, fully-absorptive 244 is the best solution for front-wall non-corner and first-reflection-point applications, while two newly-arrived scatter-plate-equipped 244s flanking a centered standard 244 on the rear wall about 13 feet aft of my ears provide what initial listening tests indicate is considerably improved presentation focus, articulation, and spatial rendering. Offered as descriptive rather than prescriptive, since no two listening environments are alike.       

LP1

« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2015, 09:39 pm »
Thank you all for the replies. I am going to take some additional measurements of my room before making a final decision, but may initially order a few of each. I currently have very little absorption in my room and am also looking to cleanup the bass a little. I will post results before ordering.