Kickstarter for Michael Weiss | Soul Journey | AAA Vinyl

reelvox

Soul Journey Vinyl Kickstarter Project Relaunched Today!
I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to all of you who supported my first Kickstarter attempt. We had a nice surge in pledges toward the end but fell just a little short. I’ve listened to your ideas and concerns and decided to relaunch the project for another 30 day campaign. I really want us to be successful this time so I am reducing the funding goal to $10,000 (we raised over that last time). I will make up the difference myself if need be, as the real cost of the project is $12,000. I hope you will stand by your previous pledge and help make Soul Journey on vinyl a reality. Please do not hesitate to spread the word about this project. I am grateful for your backing and your involvement and I hope we will reach the goal this time!
Here is the Kickstarter Relaunch URL: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michael-weiss/michael-weiss-soul-journey-analog-vinyl-jazz
Backed!

michaelweiss

• Michael Weiss Website
Re: Kickstarter for Michael Weiss | Soul Journey | AAA Vinyl
« Reply #21 on: 12 Nov 2019, 08:52 pm »
Thank you!

michaelweiss

• Michael Weiss Website
FUNDED!!
We reached our funding goal yesterday, 14 days ahead of schedule. So we're moving forward.
Jump in before the ship leaves on December 12. In addition to double LP sets, there are still a limited number of R2R tape, test pressings, and bundles remaining, including "Presenting Michael Weiss" RVG LPs, among other rewards.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michael-weiss/michael-weiss-soul-journey-analog-vinyl-jazz

Thanks for your support,
Michael

revrob

« Reply #23 on: 29 Nov 2019, 03:42 am »
Backed. I am excited to see this completely fund. Just added my support.

michaelweiss

• Michael Weiss Website
« Reply #24 on: 4 Dec 2019, 07:52 pm »
UPDATE: Final Week NEW REWARDS
With one week remaining in my Kickstarter campaign we've met our minimum funding goal to go forward. The actual cost of production is considerably higher than that so I hope to meet the shortfall in the remaining week. I'm offering two new rewards that should appeal to serious jazz fans in the New York area: In addition to a signed, numbered double LP set, receive two complimentary passes to meet and hear Michael Weiss –

perform with the George Coleman Quintet at Smoke Jazz Club, NYC for one set. Choose from December 19, 20, 21 or 22, 2019. Sets at 7:00p, 9:00p, & 10:30p. Set choice based on availability at the time of your pledge. $250 Limit: 2

perform with his trio at Mezzrow Jazz Club, NYC for one set. Choose from January 31 or February 1, 2020. Sets at 7:30p and 9:00p Set choice based on availability at the time of your pledge. $150 Limit: 2

The Kickstarter expires the afternoon of December 12.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michael-weiss/michael-weiss-soul-journey-analog-vinyl-jazz

michaelweiss

• Michael Weiss Website
« Reply #25 on: 11 Dec 2019, 06:09 pm »
FINAL PLUG (I promise)
We have 24 hours to go until the Kickstarter expires.
There are several enticing rewards to choose from. Please take a look and listen if you haven't already.

Thanks for our support,
Michael

michaelweiss

• Michael Weiss Website
« Reply #26 on: 14 Jul 2020, 05:43 am »

Soul Journey is officially released today, July 14, 2020.
The two-LP set is all analog. Of 500 copies pressed, 250 are numbered.
Engineer - Joe Ferla @Avatar Studios
Mastering - Bernie Grundman
Pressing - Gary Salstrom/QRP
Jackets - Stoughton Printing
Most importantly, the music speaks for itself.
Available for purchase here: michaelweiss.info/recordings.htm
Samples here: https://soundcloud.com/michaelweisspiano/

Norman Tracy

« Reply #27 on: 3 Aug 2020, 08:18 pm »
A quick bit of feedback on Michael Weiss' Kickstarter effort to press his album 'Soul Journey' as an LP.

Michael delivered and those of us who helped the project are rewarded with a fantastic LP. Actually make that LPs as the nine songs are spread out over four sides of two disks allowing wide grove spacings. Pressing quality is very flat and very quiet.

If you do not do crowd funding (understandable given its history) preferring to wait until a product is in stock the LP can now be ordered here: https://michaelweiss.info/recordings.htm

michaelweiss

• Michael Weiss Website
« Reply #28 on: 3 Aug 2020, 09:34 pm »
A quick bit of feedback on Michael Weiss' Kickstarter effort to press his album 'Soul Journey' as an LP.

Michael delivered and those of us who helped the project are rewarded with a fantastic LP. Actually make that LPs as the nine songs are spread out over four sides of two disks allowing wide grove spacings. Pressing quality is very flat and very quiet.

If you do not do crowd funding (understandable given its history) preferring to wait until a product is in stock the LP can now be ordered here: https://michaelweiss.info/recordings.htm

Thanks for your comments Norman. Michael Fremer gave it 10/11 here:

https://www.analogplanet.com/content/pianistcomposerarranger-michael-weiss%E2%80%99s-long-soul-journey-vinyl

From a limited edition of 500 pressed, about half are still available. Don't wait too long...

michaelweiss

• Michael Weiss Website
« Reply #29 on: 22 Aug 2020, 11:37 pm »

michaelweiss

• Michael Weiss Website
« Reply #30 on: 31 Aug 2020, 03:42 am »
Jazzwax Review of Soul Journey all analog LP release
https://www.jazzwax.com/2020/08/michael-weiss-soul-journey.html
Available for purchase here: www.michaelweiss.info/recordings.htm
« Last Edit: 1 Oct 2020, 10:10 pm by michaelweiss »

michaelweiss

• Michael Weiss Website
« Reply #31 on: 1 Oct 2020, 10:17 pm »
Only 200 copies remain, numbered and unnumbered available here:
www.michaelweiss.info/recordings.htm

Jim C. – Absolutely astonishing! No surface noise whatsoever! The S/N ratio has to be excellent. The music, of course, is top level. It's like a recipe. Use the best ingredients: Success! It's both a music lover's and vinyl lover's dream come true. It's a tremendous product for the audiophile market . Even the fact that this is the highest level of straight ahead jazz won't stop a vinyl junkie from wanting a perfectly recorded analogue LP with an ultra quiet surface in their collection .

Alan B. – … the music is excellent and the pressing is ultra quiet adding to the enjoyment of the music.

John B. – Not one flex of dust was apparent on their surface, some of the quietest that I've heard. I enjoyed your compositions and the recording, mixing and mastering are excellent.

Alan R. – Compositions and arrangements wonderful and varied. All the ensemble playing is 10/10.  Your piano sounds great and solos terrific. The sound, on my quite good system with a tubed phono pre amp, just sounds world class. Pressing is perfect!

Keith P. – great music and fantastic sound! Indeed, this one will frequently be on my turntable.

Larry F. – What joyous music! And the sound quality is every bit as superb as I hoped. Kudos, and thanks for doing this.

Daryl G. – What a fabulous album. The music is wonderful.  El Camino makes me want to be seaside with a margarita...love the rhythm on that track.  I can see why it was an award winner! Everyone’s playing is so fresh. Rich and varied with fabulous sound. Love the percussion on La Ventana too - wow!  And awesome piano solo on the closing track. Overall an outstanding album - clear, detailed and engaging.  Really love it!

Jeff T. – Received the record today. Amazing job. Listened front to back 3 times already.

Ron D. – The LPs sound amazing! The vinyl was very quiet and the soundstage was very well defined.  I found the listening experience to be very immersive. I think your decision to spread the tracks over two LPs favorably affected the pressing. I’m convinced that others who listen to the Soul Journey LP will feel, as I do, that it is one of the best sounding LPs in their collection.  It’s a great example of how good an LP  “can” sound when done right from end-to-end. Setting the technology aside, I also wanted to let you know that I truly enjoy your music. 

Jeff Z. – The recording is phenomenal, and what so many are talking about. However, often times great recordings can save suspect songs. In this case, the songs, performance, and recording compliment each other to the highest levels. Treat yourselves to this rare convergence of music, performance, and production.

Roy Martin – might very well be “reissue of the year“

fetusi – Great songs, great sound, dead quiet vinyl. This will be a staple in my rotation.

vinylrules – Really loved it. A top notch production through and through.

richiep – I found myself repeating it because the music and recording was first rate. It would be great if everyone took the same care in their reproduction of the music they write and perform since it lasts forever! The vinyl is dead quiet and his sound enters your musical feelings. More please!

kruhlin – What a wonderfully fresh album, sonically superb and flawlessly pressed album.

DenverDude – This sound is as clean as a whistle. An all-analogue pressing done right. Zero pops/clicks, flat pressing, amazing mastering and superb dynamics. It might also be one of the best pieces of wax I own when it comes to soundstaging, as each instrument has its own distinct place on the soundstage. Wonderful listening experience, and highly recommended.

savakntr – Wonderful work and exceptional sound as expected. Amazing musicianship and great performance.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: 1 Oct 2020, 10:20 pm »
Very cool.  Not sure if you're interested but you can request Tidal to have it too.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1888513/TIDAL-Music-Request

They usually add them pretty quick.

michaelweiss

• Michael Weiss Website

michaelweiss

• Michael Weiss Website
« Reply #34 on: 9 Jan 2021, 10:34 pm »
Inauguration Flash Sale:
For a limited time, 10% off numbered copies.
http://www.michaelweiss.info/recordings.htm