Onix Melody SP3 Coupling Caps

wushuliu

Onix Melody SP3 Coupling Caps
« on: 19 Dec 2010, 08:00 pm »
Has anyone tried different coupling caps for the Onix SP3? Stock seems to be Russian K75-12 'tubs'. Just curious as there seem to be a lot of these amps but not much mention of cap-swapping...

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: Onix Melody SP3 Coupling Caps
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2010, 11:16 pm »
IIRC, from the original threads that are now history, a few people bypassed the original Onix SP3 coupling caps with Sonicap Platinum's and had very good results. 

wushuliu

« Reply #2 on: 20 Dec 2010, 04:56 am »
IIRC, from the original threads that are now history, a few people bypassed the original Onix SP3 coupling caps with Sonicap Platinum's and had very good results.

Thanks Hal...

johnzm

« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2010, 02:43 pm »
i did my sp3. i got some pics of it around somewhere. it did improve on the sound of the amp. i dont know if i would use sonicap platinums again because of the cost to sound improvement. if i do it again, i will probably get ampohms or something a little cheaper.

wushuliu

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jan 2011, 07:19 am »
i did my sp3. i got some pics of it around somewhere. it did improve on the sound of the amp. i dont know if i would use sonicap platinums again because of the cost to sound improvement. if i do it again, i will probably get ampohms or something a little cheaper.

Good to know. I was thinking ampohms myself.

wushuliu

« Reply #5 on: 8 Jan 2011, 09:59 pm »

Did you replace the caps outright w/ the plats or just use them as bypass?...