Your Favorite Speakers (besides the ones you own)?

newzooreview

Re: Your Favorite Speakers (besides the ones you own)?
« Reply #80 on: 30 May 2011, 09:22 pm »
Wow. Fun thread. I currently own a pair of Salk HT1-TLs, but I heard a very good monitor when auditioning some new amps at a local shop: the LSA1 Statement. If I parted with my Salks, the LSA would be a strong contender.

My shop also said the Trenner & Friedl Art monitors are even better, but they won't have them on hand to audition for a month or so. It seems like we are insulated from a lot of excellent European brands in the U.S., and I'm very intrigued by the Art monitors because the shop owner stocks what he likes and has very good ears.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #81 on: 30 May 2011, 10:40 pm »
Either of these would work.

CLX art maple

jimdgoulding

« Reply #82 on: 30 May 2011, 11:00 pm »
Can't say really but two I would like to audition for my size room would be PMC Fact 8's and DeVore Nines.  There may be others were I aiming to purchase new speaks just don't know what they would be.  Reference 3A Grand Veena's, maybe, but preferably something under 7k.
« Last Edit: 3 Jun 2011, 10:59 am by jimdgoulding »

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
« Reply #83 on: 3 Jun 2011, 07:22 am »
Speakers I really like but don't own or sell:  GedLee Summa et al, PiSpeakers 7Pi, Classic Audio Reproductions T-1, ribbon Maggies, original & recent Quads, GR Research Super V, TADs, what am I forgetting??

Mono-tubeleosis wondered if my angly speaker pictured a few pages back was inspired by the Klipschorn.  Not really... the angle goes back to Earl Geddes' toe-in recommendations, and other aspects of that particular design were inspired by Roger West and Floyd Toole and Wayne Parham.  But I can certainly see how Klipschorns would come to mind.

milford3

« Reply #84 on: 7 Jul 2011, 04:20 pm »

The flagship Genesis

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #85 on: 7 Jul 2011, 04:52 pm »

The flagship Genesis

i like the flagship genesis, too.  but those ain't them; i have been quite underwhelmed by the lesser models like those, even tho wery expensive.  the real deal:

doug s.

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #86 on: 8 Aug 2011, 12:59 am »
I have a dream...

D.D.

TerryO

« Reply #87 on: 8 Aug 2011, 02:33 am »
As long as I'm wishing, here's mine:   

BTW: I'd need the amps as well. :thumb:

Best Regards,
TerryO

mhconley

« Reply #88 on: 9 Aug 2011, 06:34 pm »
Von Schweikert UniField 3 - the best speaker I've ever heard:

I'd love to own a pair someday...

I may have a pair of his VR-33's before the year is out:

As long as we're dreaming though give me a pair of these:

Martin

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #89 on: 9 Aug 2011, 08:05 pm »
I am sure there are many speakers that I would love to have but based only on what I have heard, my favorite is easily the TAD Reference Ones. Even the smaller, stand mount versions were a treat to listen to.

sweetspot

« Reply #90 on: 9 Aug 2011, 09:38 pm »

Best Regards,
TerryO
:o

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #91 on: 9 Aug 2011, 10:41 pm »
There are so many, but standouts lately are:

Salk SoundScapes, makes glorious music with effortless dynamics.  I believe Jim told me $11K and change.

Tidal Amea bookshelfs at $21, 290 or Tidal Piano Diacera floorstanders at $41,890.  Deep and wide soundstage with the most detailed presentation I've ever heard.

Deja vu Audio Ltd M-10 Field Coil System.  The most beautiful sounding speaker I've ever heard.  Yes, dynamics, soundstage, etc. all there, but the overriding impression is of musical beauty, $48,000.

Joseph Audio Perspectives.  Everything I want in a speaker, deep, deep soundstage; on the warmish side, but with detail and precision, $11,700.

Tommy Horning's Eufrodite, at the same time delicate and dynamic, producing a seamless soundstage that makes you want to shut up and listen.  You can't really see, but the cabinet is about 4' deep enclosing eight 8" woofers with a Fostex fullrange used as a midrange and a cone tweeter.  They can be driven with fleawatt SET's, $17-21,000 depending on options.

jackman

« Reply #92 on: 15 Aug 2011, 03:13 pm »

Best Regards,
TerryO

AKA "The Divorce-Maker" :thumb:

bernardl

Wilson Benesch Vector
« Reply #93 on: 15 Aug 2011, 03:18 pm »
On paper, based on past achievements of the company and the technology used, they should be some of the best speakers in the world below 15.000 US$. Haven't had the chance to listen to them yet.

http://wilson-benesch.com/2010/12/vector-loudspeaker/

Cheers,
Bernard

jackman

« Reply #94 on: 15 Aug 2011, 03:28 pm »
The new Bamberg Audio 5TMW!  Bambergaudio.com

http://www.dagogo.com/View-Article.asp?hArticle=865

« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2011, 10:00 pm by jackman »

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #95 on: 15 Aug 2011, 03:28 pm »

I'm out, fellas...ordered mine on Saturday! :singing: :dance: :singing:

D.D.

Phil A

« Reply #96 on: 15 Aug 2011, 04:09 pm »
I really like the Salk Soundscapes.  Got to hear them at each of the last two Capital Audiofests and this past one was in a room where one could judge them much better than the prior year.  Due to the room size and efficiency, I'd probably have to go with the Soundscape 12s and also get another amp (Modwright KWA150SE) and bridge it.  I guess at some point down the road if I got the extra amp, I'd have to start thinking more seriously about it.  I have Thiel 3.7s now but the room is huge (about 7,000 cubic feet) and opens into other spaces and is part of an integrated 2 channel/HT system with a Modwright LS36.5DM as the two channel preamp.

MrAcoustat

« Reply #97 on: 2 Apr 2012, 12:39 pm »
I have been with Acoustat's electrostatics speakers since 1984 and for the money they are VERY HARD to beat but this year at the Salon Son Image 2012 i finaly found a pair of BOXED speakers that i could live with and for ME that is not a small feat it was the small speaker from MBL the Corona line i was realy impressed and this is also not an easy feat after all being with PANELS most of my life i tend to be very spoiled.

The MBL Corona System.

My present system.

stlrman

« Reply #98 on: 3 Apr 2012, 08:01 pm »
I have always coveted the Volent Paragon VL-2 since reading a 6moons review many moons ago.
Never heard em, but after reading a stunning review and seeing the Vapor Cirrus,
stand mounts have dreamed of hearing and owning them.i will hear em in a few weeks at Akfest, and bought myself the Vapor Breeze. They will have to "make do" lol...