Bryston Manic Moose Interface

gbaby

Re: Bryston Manic Moose Interface
« Reply #80 on: 13 Jul 2020, 06:04 pm »
GBaby you keep bringing up MPD versus other ways to listen. This thread is about the interface. Both SoundiRok and Rigelean use MPD for streaming the sound from the hard drive just like MM. There is no sound quality difference from that type of mobile app.

My Tidal rant was about the interface. It wasn't a statement about the sound quality. I seldom stream music from one of those sources and then only to find albums I would like to purchase.

BG

Okay.

WillyP

« Reply #81 on: 13 Jul 2020, 06:30 pm »
Hi James and Chris,

Now I am getting a bit familiar with Manic Moose I have a suggestion for a small improvement. When I choose a tool in the Dashboard more than once the Settings menu disappears from my screen. The Media Player Header has a fixed place at the top of the screen. If the Settings menu is fixed at the bottom of the screen, it would be easier to choose a different tool, without the need for scrolling.

WillyP

terrycym

« Reply #82 on: 13 Jul 2020, 07:14 pm »
I made the very same comment a while ago but got ridiculed.

Any comments regarding RAM at over 90%?

WillyP

« Reply #83 on: 13 Jul 2020, 08:06 pm »
You are right! I must have overlooked it. It is not ridicule at all. You don't deserve such a reply.

If you think it is a good idea to give the Media Player Header a fixed place at the top of the screen, as the developers did of Manic Moose, then there is nothing wrong with a fixed place for the Settings menu at the bottom of the screen.

WillyP

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #84 on: 13 Jul 2020, 08:14 pm »
Folks,

What about including 3rd party APPs like Rigelian?

So our customer would have the choice?

james

terrycym

« Reply #85 on: 13 Jul 2020, 08:26 pm »
I believe I mentioned that previously but mentioned Soundirok
Does Rigelian do liner notes PDF’s?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #86 on: 13 Jul 2020, 09:01 pm »
I believe I mentioned that previously but mentioned Soundirok
Does Rigelian do liner notes PDF’s?

Not sure about the liner notes but I like the App.

james

WillyP

« Reply #87 on: 13 Jul 2020, 09:02 pm »
Folks,

james

For me Rigelian would be a good choice, but as far as I know it is for iOS only and Berrie has no plans for an Android version.

WillyP

BigGeek

« Reply #88 on: 14 Jul 2020, 12:02 am »
Folks,

james

They are already already available. What are you asking? Either Rigelian or Soundirok are my preferences. Each has strengths and weaknesses. Either is significantly better than MM for music listening for my style of listening. Of course a web interface is great for settings and firmware updates, ... 

If you are asking if Bryston should make an app like Rigelian, i would answer yes. It is an app for many devices. You could optimize your Bryston app to be killer for Bryston stuff only.  Also you could control the continued development of the app.

I know it is a pain to create apps for the apple store. They have a lot of conditions and approval steps. But I think your products deserve and need a dedicated Bryston app.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #89 on: 14 Jul 2020, 12:08 am »
They are already already available. What are you asking? Either Rigelian or Soundirok are my preferences. Each has strengths and weaknesses. Either is significantly better than MM for music listening for my style of listening. Of course a web interface is great for settings and firmware updates, ... 

If you are asking if Bryston should make an app like Rigelian, i would answer yes. It is an app for many devices. You could optimize your Bryston app to be killer for Bryston stuff only.  Also you could control the continued development of the app.

I know it is a pain to create apps for the apple store. They have a lot of conditions and approval steps. But I think your products deserve and need a dedicated Bryston app.

Hi Big

No I was thinking about just including Rigelian when you purchase a BDP product.  You would just go to the Apple store and download it if you want for free.

james

BigGeek

« Reply #90 on: 14 Jul 2020, 12:41 am »
Hi Big

No I was thinking about just including Rigelian when you purchase a BDP product.  You would just go to the Apple store and download it if you want for free.

james

It has an annual subscription today. It is nominal.

BigGeek

« Reply #91 on: 14 Jul 2020, 12:43 am »
Not sure about the liner notes but I like the App.

james

I checked and I don’t see a way to view the pdfs in Rigelian. Soundirok has a built in viewer for them.

I like Regilian’s Composer bit. I include composer name in my tagging so Soundirok can find them if you search for them. Not quite as nice.

I like Soundirok’s artist view a little better.

Both are good for me

BG

gbaby

« Reply #92 on: 14 Jul 2020, 01:46 am »
Folks,

james

Another app, a different set of problems.:o  You would need some highly specific issues with Manic Moose to even dwell on this. That way the new app or operating system can be tailored to correct any patent defects with Manic Moose that can be articulated. :| So far, I'm reading small recommendations.

vonnie123

« Reply #93 on: 14 Jul 2020, 01:56 am »
I checked and I don’t see a way to view the pdfs in Rigelian. Soundirok has a built in viewer for them.

I like Regilian’s Composer bit. I include composer name in my tagging so Soundirok can find them if you search for them. Not quite as nice.

I like Soundirok’s artist view a little better.

Both are good for me

BG

Is Soundirok being maintained/developed?  I don't believe it gets regular updates.  I use Rigelian and Manic Moose on my ipads.  Manic Moose on the imac desktop.  Bryston should buy the rights to the app (or work out a deal with the dev) and include it for BDP users.

WillyP

« Reply #94 on: 14 Jul 2020, 09:46 am »

I don’t think that Bryston should develop an app of its own. Berrie and Bryston have been working together already and Rigelian is very promising. It could take a lot of time for Bryston to finish the development of Nutty Narwhal and a companion app.

My first streamer had a GUI and an app, which was a version of iPeng with some cosmetic changes. The developer of iPeng was far more active with updates and upgrades so after a few years, the adapted version was removed from the Apple Store, in line with Apple’s policy.

As I use an iPhone it doesn‘t concern me, but is there a comparable app for Android? Aurender, for example, offers a very good app for iPad only but leaves Android users in the cold. There should be apps for the Bryston for both camps, in an ideal world the same apps. Berrie has announced there will be no Rigelian for Android. Could he change his mind?

WillyP

terrycym

« Reply #95 on: 14 Jul 2020, 11:59 am »
Whilst Rigelian & Soundirok are not supported on Anderoid, why not just buy a small, cheap iPad mini?
They don't cost much, certainly when compared to the cost of your hi-fi system

I've just sent a request to support at Rigelian asking them to add Liner notes support. If others do the same....

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #96 on: 14 Jul 2020, 01:19 pm »
I spoke to Daniel at Soundirok and he tells me there is an Android version.

james

abk456

« Reply #97 on: 15 Jul 2020, 09:50 pm »
I apologize in advance if this is a query that has arisen before but does anyone experience an occasional momentary pause in the sound when using the search function on MM or is it me?

gbaby

« Reply #98 on: 16 Jul 2020, 03:02 pm »
I apologize in advance if this is a query that has arisen before but does anyone experience an occasional momentary pause in the sound when using the search function on MM or is it me?

I tried to duplicate your problem last night but I could not. Which BDP is causing this and which software version are you using?

abk456

« Reply #99 on: 18 Jul 2020, 02:40 am »
A new 3.14 and I assume the latest MM