Poll

How many members are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia Washington area?  Who's out there?

Yes, let's get together and share some love for Music, Equipment and Food!
22 (81.5%)
Yes, let's gather once in a while and show off our stuff!
5 (18.5%)
No, too much rain, I am NOT going out!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???
« Reply #380 on: 23 Feb 2018, 04:30 am »
Could some kind soul PM me Greg’s address?

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #381 on: 23 Feb 2018, 07:08 am »
Looks like we have 5 right now, if anyone else is interested let me know.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #382 on: 23 Feb 2018, 07:09 am »

PM sent Michael,

Did you get my PM from a couple of days ago?

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #383 on: 23 Feb 2018, 03:25 pm »
  Its saved in your GPS. 
ALAN

JakeJ

« Reply #384 on: 23 Feb 2018, 04:26 pm »
Alas the lad needs help, eh Alan?

Hope the day is massively fun!  Please post your impressions of the Don Sachs gear and the Mivera amp.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #385 on: 23 Feb 2018, 04:56 pm »
Alas the lad needs help, eh Alan?

Hope the day is massively fun!  Please post your impressions of the Don Sachs gear and the Mivera amp.

Well, unfortunately the Miverna amps didn't get done in time. I am really exited about hearing Don's stuff thou.

Jake, really sorry you can't make it. I was really hoping you could be here this time. I'll keep you posted and give you my opinion of whatever we end up playing with.

mresseguie

« Reply #386 on: 23 Feb 2018, 05:47 pm »
Greg,

Got both PMs. Thanks!

Alan,

I’d forgotten that possibility. The GPS is sitting on the car floor getting no love. I’ll have to dust it off and plug it in. I think Melody and I nicknamed her Jill.

All,

Too bad the Mivera amps aren’t ready/delivered yet. We’ll just have to settle for the D Sachs and dB Audio Labs gear. Poor us.  :lol:

mca

« Reply #387 on: 23 Feb 2018, 06:54 pm »
We will have my DHT LIO as well.

Sonny

« Reply #388 on: 23 Feb 2018, 09:57 pm »
Guys,

Sorry to say but I cannot make it  Wife scheduled an event in the afternoon and since Greg's place is a good hour with no traffic, away, I'll have to pass.

Having said that, I would love to host and event, though it would be limited as the dedicated room is small.

Thanks Greg!

Tuan

JakeJ

« Reply #389 on: 24 Feb 2018, 03:01 am »
Well, unfortunately the Miverna amps didn't get done in time. I am really exited about hearing Don's stuff thou.

Jake, really sorry you can't make it. I was really hoping you could be here this time. I'll keep you posted and give you my opinion of whatever we end up playing with.

Well...whatever you end up with I'm sure it will be interesting.  Pictures, gentlemen, everybody get their phone out and snap some photos to post, please!

I have joined lot 6 for a Purepower SE in Tuxedo casing.  I asked Mike for mine to be made with black anodized front, back, top, and bottom and the heatsinks in natural silver and vapor-blasted.  I'll get it in April but I need it now, lol!  I just picked up a pair of PMC DB1 Gold Edition with factory stands.  I recently acquired a JL Audio Fathom F112 and a pair of the new Paradigm Shift A2 Active speakers for my Home Theater set up.  Combined with my Paradigm Active/40 for the fronts it should be a pretty nice 4.1 system.  So I cannot wait to get this move over with so I can play with my new toys.  And a few weeks after getting settled in a new Purepower SE will show up to add to the equipment harem.

SFDude

« Reply #390 on: 24 Feb 2018, 03:27 am »
I won't be able to attend BUT if you guys want to try out the Mivera amp, you are welcome to swing by Jackson Park golf course in the morning tomorrow on your way to the GTG. Please PM me if one of you is interested in coordinating to pickup. I'll trust in the faith of AC members here to let you guys try it out.

I'm at the golf course for my son's First Tee golf lessons and he gets started around 10AM. So any time between 10-11AM, if that works for you guys. Otherwise, PICS PLEASE and one of these days, I'd love to be able to join you guys for a listening session. I may even be able to host over the summer as well! (Got to get some stuff done on the house before being able to have folks over.)

-dave

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #391 on: 24 Feb 2018, 05:13 am »
Hi Dave,

Thank you for the offer, it is very much appreciated. I will be stuck here getting everything ready for the G2G. The only person that might be coming from the South of my place would be Michael. Not sure where he's staying tonight thou or what time he is coming to my place yet in the morning?

Have fun with your son on the golf course, good stuff for sure :thumb:

Greg

mresseguie

« Reply #392 on: 24 Feb 2018, 05:50 am »
Hey, guys.

Michael made it up to Kirkland when he decided he had to eat something, so he (I) stopped at the first Chinese restaurant I saw. It was okay. Then, too full and exhausted from a long day, I asked my crystal ball (Expedia app) to find me accommodations. I’m now in Woodinville. [I hadn’t known it existed until a couple hours ago.] Wineries and breweries abound it seems.

I checked Google Maps for the golf course and wasn’t exactly thrilled that I’m on the wrong side of the lake (is it a lake?). I was kinda hoping for an easy morning, breakfast, coffee followed by a short drive to Greg’s place. I still need to buy some food and beer to contribute. I’ll stop bellyaching. Lemme see what time it is when I check out of the motel.

If you see a blue Tacoma pickup with Oregon plates, there’s an excellent chance the driver will be mostly bald and wearing glasses. He’s been labeled “audiophile”, so he’s most likely harmless. :thumb:

mca

« Reply #393 on: 26 Feb 2018, 05:43 pm »
Another great meet at Greg's :thumb: We had a smaller turnout this time but it worked out well as we were able to hear a lot of great equipment combos.

The standout for me was Greg's Lampizator Atlantic DAC paired with Michael's Don Sachs amplifier. Lots of ambience and detail with a very smooth fatigue free sound. The other was Michael's Don Sachs amplifier and preamp with Flo's Don Sachs phono amp and his beautiful Roksan turntable. This is the first time we had vinyl at Greg's place and I think we were all mighty impressed! Michael also brought a new DAC from DB Audio Labs that I think sounded very good for the coin.

We fired up the LIO at the end of the day and I thought it sounded good despite an odd hum coming through the left speaker and what I perceived as a little lack of power. Still, given the size of Greg's room and the volume we were playing it at, the LIO's 30wpc did really well. 

I have some pictures I will get posted soon. Thanks again to Greg, Michael and Flo, all in all it was a great day!

mca

« Reply #394 on: 26 Feb 2018, 05:53 pm »

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #395 on: 26 Feb 2018, 10:11 pm »
Mike, Thanks for posting the pictures. I would post some more but they are the basically the same.

What a fun day it was, so glad to have some great guys here again.

I was very impressed with everything that we hooked up. The big surprise for me was the db audio labs dac that Michael brought. It sounded very good with Michael's Don Sach amp and preamp. He has a really nice combo with that set up. We didn't hear the dac with anything else since my Lampi is a dac and pre. Combo. and so is Mike's Lio. Michael's Don Sach combo amp and pre amp was really good. I loved the subtle tube sound it had and still with a ton of detail in the presentation. I think the Don Sach pre amp had a little more bloom or tube sound compared to my Lampi with Don Sach amp. Both combinations had a lot of detail so I think it's a matter of preference which one you would like better.

Thanks to Flo (Dixi) for bringing his Don Sach phono stage. It was really fun having his wonderful turntable to listen to and even better having all matching Don Sach gear. The turntable was just wonderful to listen to and that analog sound just goes right to the soul when the right music is playing. Really nice to finally hear vinyl in my room. 

I thought the combination of my Lampi Atlantic and Michael's Don Sach amplifier was really good also. Like I mentioned just a little less bloom with lots of detail and very smooth. The Sach amp had more than enough power to drive my Super Vs at 97db. You would think that would be a no brainer at 70wpc but I’ve been surprised a few times by just how much amp it takes to really drive the top end. I'm in the market for an amp and this one just went right up to the top. 

Mike's Lio is another wonderful piece of gear with all the magic and a good combination of amp, pre amp and dac. It also sounded very good with the Super Vs. Again a lot of detail but not etchy at all. Very easy on the ears and certainly not fatiguing. Like Mike mentioned we had a buzz in the left speaker for some reason that wasn't there with any other gear. Not sure what that was but it sounded good just the same. Like Mike, I also think it didn't have enough grunt to drive the Super Vs. Like I mentioned, the Super Vs sometimes surprise me with how much power they need to really get them cranking. We were listening at pretty high levels for a lot of the time. It's always fun with the servo bass to let it light up sometimes. Did I say we were having a lot of fun?

Anyway, thanks to everyone who made it and for those who didn't make sure you keep up on this thread for the next one. Anyone else who would like to come by sometime is welcome. I look forward to seeing some new faces next time and it's always a good place to hear new gear.

Take Care,

Greg

SFDude

« Reply #396 on: 27 Feb 2018, 12:22 am »
Sounds like a great GTG: small group of individuals, a limited set of gear, and more time to listen and enjoy the music!

If schedule permits, I'll definitely bring the Mivera Icepower amp I put together. I'd also be willing to lug my Spatial M3 Turbo S speakers as I think they would absolutely be allowed to "breathe" and fill that wonderful looking room of yours gregfisk!

-dave

dixi

« Reply #397 on: 27 Feb 2018, 12:50 am »
Greg
Thanks for hosting I had a great time listen wonderful music and different quality gear
Hope I’ll see you soon guys
Flo

« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2018, 02:02 am by dixi »

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #398 on: 27 Feb 2018, 01:54 am »
Sounds like a great GTG: small group of individuals, a limited set of gear, and more time to listen and enjoy the music!

If schedule permits, I'll definitely bring the Mivera Icepower amp I put together. I'd also be willing to lug my Spatial M3 Turbo S speakers as I think they would absolutely be allowed to "breathe" and fill that wonderful looking room of yours gregfisk!

-dave

Hey Dave,

Yes, it was small this time but with the gear we had on site it was really fun. We got to listen to each combination for a fair amount of time.

It would be great if you brought your Mivera amp over. I've been wanting to hear one ever since Mike started his thread. It would also be killer if you brought your Spatials over. I don't think anyone has tried them side by side with the Super Vs yet. That's what's so fun about this hobby, trying out different gear, especially in the same place at the same time. I read on AC of someone using the 12" servo subs with Spatials. That would also be fun to try. We could move my speakers and just hook up the 4 servo subs with your Spatials. That sounds like fun to me.

I bet I could even get a couple of these guys to come back over for that :thumb:

Let's keep in touch and thanks again for offering up your Mivera amp. Hope you had a good golf day with your boy.

Take Care,

Greg 

Percheron

« Reply #399 on: 20 Jan 2019, 03:34 am »
Hi all,

Just registered on this site and am relatively new to the HiFi world.  I’m adding to my system as I can, but currently have a custom, hand made st70 clone with KT77 tubes, inexpensive NAD preamp and Klipsch Forte II’s.  I’ve borrowed a pair of Spatial Audio M4 speakers from Gig Harbor Audio and may buy them as they sound really good in our house.  Anyway,  I’m not much of a poster but will be lurking, but not in a weird way.

Thanks!

-Derek