New here and to Single Driver Speakers

rodge827

Re: New here and to Single Driver Speakers
« Reply #20 on: 9 Jan 2024, 05:58 pm »
Ok thanks again! Do you have any experience with Omega Super XRS speakers and how they compare to Maestro X?

I had the Super 8 XRS Alnico with dual Deep Hemp subs about 12 years ago. From what I remember they did sound good but not as “airy” as the Maestro. The Omegas played acoustic music well but lacked the presence, coherence, and detail the Maestro will give you. My first Charneys horns had Omega RS7 drivers and sounded best with Digital Amplifier Company gear. Where my current Companions Voxativ AF2.6  sound better with 300b amps.
BTW What is your room size?

Kw6

« Reply #21 on: 13 Jan 2024, 05:46 am »
Ok thanks Rodge!

My room is almost 12 ft and 32 ft. Rectangle with 9 ft ceilings. I think Maestro X could be what I am looking for. Do you think the Voxativ 1.6 driver is better than the ones offered by Cube audio in same price range. I think their model is Neo F8. I will end my audio journey with a 300b integrated!☺️

rodge827

« Reply #22 on: 13 Jan 2024, 06:17 am »
Ok thanks Rodge!

My room is almost 12 ft and 32 ft. Rectangle with 9 ft ceilings. I think Maestro X could be what I am looking for. Do you think the Voxativ 1.6 driver is better than the ones offered by Cube audio in same price range. I think their model is Neo F8. I will end my audio journey with a 300b integrated!☺️

I’ve never listened to the Cube drivers so I can’t comment on them. Charney has done his homework and decided on Voxativ and AER drivers are the best for his designs.
Your room is kinda large, a lot of volume there. The Maestro X will work in your space and you might but want to contact Charney on the best driver for it. Charney isn’t a salesman and will make suggestions he feels would be best.

Kw6

« Reply #23 on: 17 Jan 2024, 10:06 am »
More I think about it the Maestro X with Voxativ could be the ticket. Rodge can you please post a close up picture of the input cup of your Charney speaker? Thanks!

rodge827

« Reply #24 on: 17 Jan 2024, 05:34 pm »
Input cup?  :scratch:

dpatters

« Reply #25 on: 17 Jan 2024, 06:20 pm »
Ok thanks Rodge!

Thats a large room. The Charney Companion may be a better match if budget allows. I would certainly contact before purchase.

Don P

Kw6

« Reply #26 on: 17 Jan 2024, 07:25 pm »
Thats a large room. The Charney Companion may be a better match if budget allows. I would certainly contact before purchase.

Don P
Thanks Don! The Maestro X is all I muster up for now! Yes I will definitely get in touch with Brian when I am ready!☺️

Kw6

« Reply #27 on: 17 Jan 2024, 07:26 pm »
Input cup?  :scratch:

Yes where the positive and negative binding posts are mounted!

rodge827

« Reply #28 on: 17 Jan 2024, 07:34 pm »
Ok got it I have the Companions and the posts are mounted inside the horn I believe on a bracket. Best would be to contact Brian for a pic.

Kw6

« Reply #29 on: 17 Jan 2024, 11:25 pm »
Ok thanks Rodge!