Martin Logan xover ugliness and rebuild

DannyBadorine

Re: Martin Logan xover ugliness and rebuild
« Reply #20 on: 12 Nov 2022, 04:06 pm »
These updates are great!

JCarney

« Reply #21 on: 12 Nov 2022, 04:24 pm »
Thanks DannyB, I appreciate it. I think I may have settled on a board layout. It will be rather large, but I have the inductors and transformer spaced much better than before.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #22 on: 16 Nov 2022, 10:30 pm »
It has been a bit since I had any progress. Had to wait for a couple of parts to arrive, and Grandkids have proven too much fun and have distracted me from this project. Finally got something done today. Wired and soldered for the most part one of the xover boards, and got a couple coats of paint on the boxes. Little sanding and a couple more coats and they will be done. I still need a couple of coats on the baffles and to do the second xover board. Slow but getting there.

JCarney

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #23 on: 16 Nov 2022, 10:48 pm »
Love the pink speakers with stickers.

JCarney

« Reply #24 on: 16 Nov 2022, 11:11 pm »
Love the pink speakers with stickers.

Those are the powered monitors my Granddaughter and I have been working on forever. I just got them back from her after she did her art work so we could finish them, but she has been under the weather so there they sit. Drivers and stuffing and one binding post is all they need.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #25 on: 1 Dec 2022, 09:57 pm »
My Granddaughter wanted to learn how to unsolder. With this being a little busier time of year for most, her Mom's schedule has been busy with extra Girl Scout activities, she's the den mother, as well as my Granddaughter's increased piano practice for the upcoming holiday recital and all the other things brought the upgrade to crawl. I got her today to assist in the de-soldering and dis-assembling of the other existing xover. I have finished the painting of the cabs and baffles.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #26 on: 8 Dec 2022, 10:30 pm »
Got the second board populated today with my expert helper in on the action.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #27 on: 17 Dec 2022, 12:28 am »
I had to post this pic of my Granddaughter's soldering. She is getting more patient and the results show it. :D One proud Pompa right here.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #28 on: 3 Jan 2023, 12:54 am »
It has been too long, but I am getting closer. The crossover boxes need touch up and I pick up the acrylic covers Thurs. All the wiring in the crossovers is done, including binding posts. The 3 braided wires I ordered for the panel arrives Fri. My plan is to have music coming out of them this weekend, fingers crossed.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #29 on: 3 Jan 2023, 04:52 am »
Had to add one more pic. I painted the removable mdf bases the same color as her active monitors she/we built.  :eyebrows:

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #30 on: 3 Jan 2023, 03:38 pm »
The acrylic covers were completed ahead of schedule. Just a couple more parts to come in and I can finish these bad boys.

JCarney

I just found out from Manley my Stingray integrated "was born on March 23, 1999." I've had that since like 2001 or 2002. I keep stuff a long time.

« Last Edit: 3 Jan 2023, 04:45 pm by JCarney »

JCarney

« Reply #31 on: 4 Jan 2023, 02:16 pm »
Here are the cabinets with the pink bases. I've always thought black and pink go well together, and my Granddaughter approves. :thumb: :lol:

JCarney

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #32 on: 4 Jan 2023, 11:58 pm »
Blackpink for the win!

JCarney

« Reply #33 on: 5 Jan 2023, 12:31 am »
 :lol:  Dude, you have one of the most eclectic tastes in music of anyone I've ever met. Very cool. Here is one of the crossover boxes with the plexiglass cover.

Thanks,
JCarney