We've moved!

jsalk

We've moved!
« on: 21 Oct 2007, 02:37 pm »
Well, we put it off as long as we could, but the owners of AudioCircle preferred that we move from the owner's section to the manufacturer's section.

I want to personally thank zybar and marbles for getting the circle started and zybar for doing an excellent job running it.  Their efforts are greatly appreciated.  The fact that they took on this task as a labor of love meant a great deal to me.  And while they will not be directly involved any longer, I am looking forward to a long and rewarding personal relationship with both of them.  Their passion in the quest for great audio mirrors my own, so I'm certain our paths will cross quite often as we head into the future.

Thanks also to eveyone who participated in the circle to date.  Hopefully we'll have lots to talk about as we move forward and this circle can continue to be an active forum to exchange information and ideas.

- Jim

mcullinan

Re: We've moved!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2007, 02:51 pm »
What is the difference between the circles?
mike

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2007, 02:57 pm »
Jim,

It has been my pleasure to work with you, be a customer, and help you out in any way possible.

You have been a true gentleman and your products and service are outstanding! 

Best of luck with the "new" Circle.

George

Marbles

« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2007, 02:58 pm »
Thank you very much for the kind words Jim. 

It's easy to help when the "Man" is a class act and the products are top notch as well.

Best of luck with the new location.

jsalk

« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2007, 03:00 pm »
Mike -

mike

Functionally, none.  As you can see, all of the threads made the transition.  

I don't fully understand the reasoning behind it, but we were asked on numerous occasions to move to the manufacturer's section.  We weren't all that motivated to make the move. But since it seemed to be important to those in charge, and since we have thoroughly enjoyed our presence on AudioCircle, we felt that we owed it to them to accommodate their wishes.  

So here we are.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2007, 11:57 am by jsalk »

Woodsea

« Reply #5 on: 21 Oct 2007, 03:24 pm »
Everyone in their own corner, as they say.  Norh went from a Manu to owners circle, and now you have done the opposite.  For newbies it will reinforce the fact that you personally will have a say in their inquiries.
It shouldn't take much more of your time anyway.  I see you here often enough.  You are one busy beaver with all those exquisite finishes popping up.

BradJudy

« Reply #6 on: 21 Oct 2007, 04:16 pm »

A company is in charge of running/moderating a manufacturer circle, whereas owners are responsible for running an owner circle.  Usually the owner circles are for groups that want to discuss a company's products, but the company will not/can not participate enough to run it themselves.  In the case of Norh, the company used to participate and then dropped off, so owners volunteered to moderate and the circle was moved to the owners section (if owners weren't willing to moderate, the circle would have been removed entirely).

In the case of Salk, the company is actively participating, so it makes sense for them to take the responsibility for moderation and move into the manufacturer section. 

In short, there's an expectation of manufacturer responsibility and participation in the manufacturer section, but not in the owner section.   

MaxCast

« Reply #7 on: 21 Oct 2007, 04:39 pm »
Well put, Brad.

traveling

« Reply #8 on: 24 Oct 2007, 06:58 am »
 :nono: I didn't know why you were moved.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 24 Oct 2007, 07:29 am »
:nono: I didn't know why you were moved.

It's nothing sinister, Traveling- just a change in the adminstration of the Circles.  A little fall/spring cleaning. :)