"Tales from the cube"........

art

• Industry Participant
    • Analog Research-Technology
"Tales from the cube"........
« on: 31 Aug 2007, 11:28 pm »
This article appeared in the latest version of EDN. Maybe a bit on the technical side, so perhaps it is best mentioned here.

http://www.edn.com/index.asp?layout=article&articleid=CA6466205&q=delateur

I would like to think that even the DIYers here, while not possessing a technical degree, would have more common sense than this guy. The experience working on even the most rudimentary amplifier should be enough to teach you "No......it doesn't work that way........and why would you expect, let alone need, it to?"

I don't know what is more scary: that this yutz made it to such a position of authority at a Big Three auto company, or that he is allowed to vote.

And his vote counts as much as mine........................

Pat

JoshK

Re: "Tales from the cube"........
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2007, 11:35 pm »
I would like to think that even the DIYers here, while not possessing a technical degree.........

Lots of diy'ers here have technical degrees.  I know plenty of engineers, scientists and a praticioner mathematician or two.  I am a "financial engineer" of sorts, but mainly I am an applied financial econometrician.  I have zero education in electronics and EE (aside from a week of circuit modeling in my DiffEq course in college) but I have plenty of applied physics and scientific computation background.   Just because there aren't a bunch of telcom geeks here doesn't mean that there aren't any technically proficient folks.

art

• Industry Participant
    • Analog Research-Technology
« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2007, 11:40 pm »
OK.....non-technical degreed, amateur DIYers.

Just read the article.........

JoshK

« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2007, 11:55 pm »
Interesting article...  I had to take his word for it on the relationship as it isn't something I've personally tried to measure.  Most of my physics courses were indirect (i.e. a math course teaching math used for physical application).