Tool

jriggy

Re: Tool
« Reply #20 on: 1 Sep 2019, 09:48 pm »
Most of the pre-sales were sold out within a few days, and most brick & mortar stores only had a few copies. Once word got out that 4 versions of packaging existed, resale prices started to spike and people were trying to get multiple copies from anywhere with remaining stock.

I’d call around to any local stores, but you might be subject to the resale market at this point.

Have you seen info online of the 4 different versions?
I cant seem to find anything or any other look than the one that I received.

displayname

« Reply #21 on: 2 Sep 2019, 01:03 am »
Have you seen info online of the 4 different versions?
I cant seem to find anything or any other look than the one that I received.
From another forum: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021930/uploads/editor/17/89vd2apjywjl.jpeg

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #22 on: 2 Sep 2019, 09:02 pm »
So I got on board the new Tool train yesterday.  Three questions come to mind:

For anyone who is working from the CD release and did their download of the MP3 files - does the included download include the two bonus tracks available from Amazon as part of the digital release of the album, or will those of us who went with the CD need to pick up the bonus tracks another way (like a la carte from Amazon) if we want them?

The little movie built in to the packaging was a kinda neat way to try to pack some unique value in to the physical media release.  That said, does anyone know how to get (if available?) the movie/audio track in a format that can be played on a screen bigger than a 4" LCD and on an audio system with a bit more capability than a tiny portable mono speaker?

Regarding the video setup built in to the packaging, because I ripped the audio tracks in to my front end system (like I imagine most here did), and will likely not pull out the physical disc again potentially for years, is there something that I should do to properly secure or store/remove the battery from the video player such that an old battery doesn't end up destroying either my CD and or any other CDs the package is stored with in my cases of archived media?

Hope everyone is enjoying the new music!

Stu Pitt

« Reply #23 on: 3 Sep 2019, 12:21 am »
So I got on board the new Tool train yesterday.  Three questions come to mind:

For anyone who is working from the CD release and did their download of the MP3 files - does the included download include the two bonus tracks available from Amazon as part of the digital release of the album, or will those of us who went with the CD need to pick up the bonus tracks another way (like a la carte from Amazon) if we want them?

The little movie built in to the packaging was a kinda neat way to try to pack some unique value in to the physical media release.  That said, does anyone know how to get (if available?) the movie/audio track in a format that can be played on a screen bigger than a 4" LCD and on an audio system with a bit more capability than a tiny portable mono speaker?

Regarding the video setup built in to the packaging, because I ripped the audio tracks in to my front end system (like I imagine most here did), and will likely not pull out the physical disc again potentially for years, is there something that I should do to properly secure or store/remove the battery from the video player such that an old battery doesn't end up destroying either my CD and or any other CDs the package is stored with in my cases of archived media?

Hope everyone is enjoying the new music!
I’m willing to bet the video will be up on YouTube very soon, if it’s not already up.

Mine arrives tomorrow, so no answers beyond that from me.

jriggy

« Reply #24 on: 3 Sep 2019, 02:19 pm »
From another forum: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021930/uploads/editor/17/89vd2apjywjl.jpeg

Oh, ok. So not exactly different artwork, just a different embossed symbol over the back cover. I received #3
Thanks for the image/link!

Ericus Rex

« Reply #25 on: 5 Sep 2019, 08:24 pm »
I feel like I've heard all these songs before....

jriggy

« Reply #26 on: 5 Sep 2019, 09:38 pm »
I feel like I've heard all these songs before....

It’s the cosmic unconsciousness, man. (ref: Repo Man)
Naw, I get what yer saying. I finally listened yesterday; def need to give it more time but track 2 thru 5 just sorta smeared by. I know personal mood is 1/2 the equation, so there’s that but the last two tracks are def cool.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #27 on: 5 Sep 2019, 10:30 pm »
The Descent is my favorite track after a first listen.