BDA-2 DAC and BDA-3 DAC

werd

Re: BDA-2 DAC
« Reply #240 on: 13 Mar 2013, 05:18 pm »
Congradulations  to the team at Bryston.
I have had my BDA-2 sitting on my couch for the last week.
As well I have been without a Stereo system for 3 weeks.
Here in the house hold we are still under renovations lol …
Before I start I have to say a thank you to drummermitchell  for his help  with my dictated 20amp and 15amp x 3  new  circuits  Thank you Sir … Yes indeed took some time but they are in.
Buddy, Wow eee . What a change in performance all around. A must for all high end gear.
And to werd for his always professional ear  Thank you Sir .
Congradulations to the team at Bryston.
What a superb Dac this BDA-2 is something else. Smooth to the ears.
Big improvements over the BDA-1
Smooth to the ears
Sound stage  what can I say  amazing much more present. I guess the 20amp Circuit has something to do with it…
The highs are much more matured .. They seem to have taken my Paradigm signature S8V3’s to to a new Level
As well all of the tings and the pings are just so clear.
The BDA-2 has been on my mind ever since Bryston introduced it a few months back
I just had to have it.

Bass is smooth with more crisp detail.
Highs are clean rich with more detail.
Separation of the instruments is more profound much more detail clean & smooth
Sound stage what can I say  amazing much more present
The BDP-1 and the BDA-2  are connected via  AES–EBU  The perfect Combo
I have not tried any other inputs   I shall in time.

I’ll post some Picture Food later in the Week
Thanks All
Best regards Robert

Lol

Robert I just seen this  post. I am glad you are enjoying the dac as much I am.  :thumb:  Is your 20 amp balanced or 120 v.

Robert D

« Reply #241 on: 14 Mar 2013, 12:11 pm »
My dictated 20amp circuit  is feeding my RM20. I removed the 15Amp ac plug that came with the RM20, and fortunately enough the RM20 as well came with a 2nd ac 20Amp power cord... So Robert is rocking !  :D

Robert  :thumb:

drummermitchell

« Reply #242 on: 14 Mar 2013, 12:48 pm »
 :no_see:,PICTURES Robert.

Robert D

« Reply #243 on: 15 Mar 2013, 02:44 pm »
Here is picture for You  :D

Robert

Robert D

« Reply #244 on: 15 Mar 2013, 02:45 pm »
One more for Good Luck  :thumb:

Robert

werd

« Reply #245 on: 15 Mar 2013, 03:58 pm »
I know what your hearing..... And it looks fabulous.

Robert D

« Reply #246 on: 15 Mar 2013, 10:04 pm »
I know what your hearing..... And it looks fabulous.

Thank you Sir !  :thumb:

werd

« Reply #247 on: 16 Mar 2013, 04:48 pm »
Thank you Sir !  :thumb:

It's funny because I know how much the rm20 lit up my 4B. You have two and its make me wonder what's that's like ultimately. You have a very odd but interesting set up to me. I always thought that the 7bs were the way to go with mono but I think 4bs and the rm 20 are something special. I don't even have my 14 plugged into mine. You have a one of kind Bryston set up there, for the good  :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #248 on: 18 Mar 2013, 06:57 pm »
Hi Folks,

The review on the BDA-2 DAC from Secrets of Home Theater should be out this week.

Here is a line from the Conclusion:

The Bryston BDA-2 is a very fine outboard DAC. It improves upon the BDA-1 in distortion, and adds an asynchronous USB input to be used for playing music with a digital output to the DAC.

A few years ago, you could not get this performance at $5,000, so at $2,395, this DAC is a no brainer for consideration.

bobNL

• Some say he's a purist
« Reply #249 on: 18 Mar 2013, 08:42 pm »
Great review!

Does make me somewhat sad that I went for the BDA-1 (ordered just as the BDA-2 came on the market  :duh:) as it was said to have "the same sound signature".

Still, as long as I do not visit my dealer to hear the BDA-2 I am happy as a bunny  :hyper:,

Bob

yioryos

« Reply #250 on: 19 Mar 2013, 03:13 am »
 :D
Hey Bob
Same here,I bought the BDA-1,while the BDA-2 was just out. No regrets but!!!!!!
Regards
George

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #251 on: 19 Mar 2013, 02:59 pm »
Sneak peak of measurement on the Bryston BDA-2 DAC in an upcoming review:

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #252 on: 20 Mar 2013, 10:47 pm »
It's James' fault!  :icon_twisted:

And it's all your fault, too. So there.

I've been considering an SP3, which should play nicely with my 6B-SST(C) and my two 4B-SST(C) amps. Bryston's James and Stan were very helpful in answering my queries, making my decision an easy one.

Then I looked at the AudioCircle threads on the BDP-2 and the BDA-2 . . .

You guys . . .  your astute and helpful forum posts, and those from James, got me thinking . . . always dangerous. So a couple of weeks ago, I ordered the SP3, BDP-2, and BDA-2: 17" black panels, blue displays.

Just remember, it's your fault that I'll have lots of questions for you, so . . .

Stop the madness! Be less helpful.  :nono:

Cheerio, and thanks again,

Rich

Robert D

« Reply #253 on: 21 Mar 2013, 11:22 am »
It's James' fault!  :icon_twisted:

And it's all your fault, too. So there.

I've been considering an SP3, which should play nicely with my 6B-SST(C) and my two 4B-SST(C) amps. Bryston's James and Stan were very helpful in answering my queries, making my decision an easy one.

Then I looked at the AudioCircle threads on the BDP-2 and the BDA-2 . . .

You guys . . .  your astute and helpful forum posts, and those from James, got me thinking . . . always dangerous. So a couple of weeks ago, I ordered the SP3, BDP-2, and BDA-2: 17" black panels, blue displays.

Just remember, it's your fault that I'll have lots of questions for you, so . . .

Stop the madness! Be less helpful.  :nono:

Cheerio, and thanks again,

Rich

Rich, when is your new gear do to arrive ?
Post some pic's when you have a chance

Regards Robert

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #254 on: 21 Mar 2013, 03:46 pm »
Thanks for the kind message, Robert. I'm guessing three weeks or so for the gear, and I will be sure to post picture food.

I've been following this thread awhile and, as noted in my post, you and the other contributors were a strong factor in my deciding to add the BDP-2 and BDA-2 to my order for the SP3. Absenting the Oppo 105, my electronics are all Bryston. You have a beautiful system and home, Robert, and I've enjoyed the photos of your system and the others that have been posted. I noticed that, like me, you use the Paradigm Reference Signature S8 speakers (I also use a C5, ADPs, and S4s for the rest of our 7.2 music/theatre system). Since I live in earthquake country, I added Soundocity outriggers (soundocity.com) to give them more stability, and they've worked quite well to couple the speakers to the concrete slab below our carpet.

One of the things I admire about Bryston is that customers become part of an extended family. When I bought my amps a few years ago, James' unstinting help was a key factor in my choices, and the generous guidance of the Bryston team and of the participants in this and other forums again made my recent equipment decisions easy. I appreciate the positive tone and the commitment to helping others achieve their sonic goals.

I'm looking forward to participating in this thread and will have many questions for you.

Cheerio,

Rich

Phil A

« Reply #255 on: 21 Mar 2013, 04:33 pm »
Great review!

Does make me somewhat sad that I went for the BDA-1 (ordered just as the BDA-2 came on the market  :duh:) as it was said to have "the same sound signature".

Still, as long as I do not visit my dealer to hear the BDA-2 I am happy as a bunny  :hyper:,

Bob

If it is the upcoming review I'm guessing from a major magazine, you won't want to read it either 8)  The reviewer owned a BDA-1 (along with a BDP-1) and may comment (I have not spoke to him since I initially found out he was doing it a couple of months back) on the differences.

loopyground

« Reply #256 on: 21 Mar 2013, 05:29 pm »

James, the review quote is even better than your 0.009% THD + N at 0.0009% THD + N which is truly awesome! :thumb:

gordon

« Reply #257 on: 22 Mar 2013, 10:53 pm »
Hi Gordon -  thanks for the feedback. Have you tried Amarra or Audirvana or Bitperfect as well?

James

Have now spent a good bit of time running both Pure Music and Audirvana through the BDA2 USB input. Although it has taken time to draw a firm conclusion, I'm moving to Audirvana. Whatever it does, howev it does it it creates a level of immediacy, detail, presence  that edges out PM. James, thanks for mentioning.

Joker

« Reply #258 on: 24 Mar 2013, 02:40 pm »

Selling my BDA-1 and BDP-1 combo. Anybody interested? Drop me a seperate email.

mav52

« Reply #259 on: 25 Mar 2013, 02:52 am »

James exactly where is this measurement taken from, USB, PCM etc..  just wondering