Parsons MOFI 1-step

klaus@odyssey

Parsons MOFI 1-step
« on: 24 Jan 2023, 10:46 am »
Finally got my copy of the Mofi one step  Allan Parsons I Robot out earlier..and :   Holy shit.

Absolutely superb,  phenomenal,  wonderful,  and actually rivaling the Santana....even though it's a 33 rpm...

I'm sure that there are still lots of copies available,  but man oh man....GET ONE  !!!!!!

GeneS

Re: Parsons MOFI 1-step
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2023, 01:18 pm »
No shit!
I wondered how you made out with that. I keep going back and forth on whether to get it or not.
That’s high praise…I know how you feel about the Santana disc.
What about the new Steely Dan release? How did that end up sounding?

SoCalWJS

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2023, 02:47 pm »
Looks like they have a 2 LP version "Coming Soon" at 45 RPM. Hmmmm...... :popcorn:

dpatters

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2023, 04:28 pm »
Finally got my copy of the Mofi one step  Allan Parsons I Robot out earlier..and :   Holy shit.

Absolutely superb,  phenomenal,  wonderful,  and actually rivaling the Santana....even though it's a 33 rpm...

I'm sure that there are still lots of copies available,  but man oh man....GET ONE  !!!!!!
I’ve been on the fence about ordering this. I just placed my order!

Don P

Dishman442

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2023, 02:49 pm »
I’ve got the MoFi UHQR version. Is it that much better, ya think?

BikeFi10

« Reply #5 on: 29 Jan 2023, 06:17 pm »
AP I Robot is my and my wifes fav lp for soundstage. Covers the whole front wall. My copy is original 1970s. Would love to have an audiophile version as well as Steely Dan. My Aja (not cisco) and Goucho are from late 70s, but are a couple of my best quality lps from that era.

qdrone

« Reply #6 on: 2 Feb 2023, 12:41 pm »
Klaus...
Table?
Arm?
Cartridge?
The best Alan Parsons I Robot pressing I have heard is the original Japanese Nippon. It beats my MOFI original pressing hands down.

Cyber One

« Reply #7 on: 15 Feb 2023, 06:06 pm »

The best Alan Parsons I Robot pressing I have heard is the original Japanese Nippon. It beats my MOFI original pressing hands down.

Which mofi, the 80's one or the new one?  if your referring to the 80's one I would agree

qdrone

« Reply #8 on: 18 Feb 2023, 01:05 am »
The original 80's one. I have Original Nippon pressings of Pyramid, Eve and The Turn of a Friendly  Card also. They arll sound uber.
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2023, 03:28 am by qdrone »

Cyber One

« Reply #9 on: 18 Feb 2023, 07:16 pm »
I agree the 80's mofi is very smiley face EQ'd , the new one does not suffer from that. The only Japanese Parson's I have is Ammonia Ave first pressing and it is good. Speakers corner  Turn A friendly card and Eye in the sky are very good
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2023, 04:11 pm by Cyber One »