Blue jeans cable are big value

simplythere

Blue jeans cable are big value
« on: 22 Oct 2018, 02:23 pm »
I always have a loom of BJC when I test cable. They are so good and cheap. If a cable cannot outperform a BJC a lot, It should be priced a lot higher.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Blue jeans cable are big value
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2018, 05:02 pm »
Umm, perhaps you meant to say something different?

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #2 on: 23 Oct 2018, 06:17 pm »
It's doubtful that any RCA interconnect cable can out perform the BJC LC-1 regardless of price.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #3 on: 23 Oct 2018, 06:25 pm »
Obviously there are a lot of people that disagree with you when you look at the cables for sale here.  :thumb:

Gene

twitch54

« Reply #4 on: 23 Oct 2018, 06:40 pm »
I always have a loom of BJC when I test cable. They are so good and cheap. If a cable cannot outperform a BJC a lot, It should be priced a lot higher.

you mean a lot lower don't you ?

regardless 'audio fool snobbery' trumps everything !

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #5 on: 23 Oct 2018, 07:00 pm »
Obviously there are a lot of people that disagree with you when you look at the cables for sale here.  :thumb:
Gene
But those people havn't done due diligence when examining cables or accuracy isn't important to them.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #6 on: 23 Oct 2018, 07:02 pm »
But those people havn't done due diligence when examining cables or accuracy isn't important to them.

And they maybe don't distinguish "different" from "better". But what do I know!  :scratch:

Gene

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #7 on: 23 Oct 2018, 07:10 pm »
I recently purchased BJC 8' 12 gauge speaker cables. They've got a good sound to them and the price can't be beat IMO.

fredgarvin

« Reply #8 on: 23 Oct 2018, 07:16 pm »
I've been using the LC-1's for years. Recently I replaced them with Mogami 2549 wire with RCA's. They made the Blue Jeans sound rolled off, a bit closed in. $25.

http://www.mogamicable.com/category/bulk/microphone/quality_balanced/

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #9 on: 23 Oct 2018, 07:47 pm »
I"ve several pairs of speaker cables around, including a set of BJ. 
Of the following:  Bolder Cables, Straley, Electra Cables, Audioquest and BJ,  the Blue Jeans are the cheapest and noticeable the worst, simply lacking clarity and detail in comparison. Not that they are poor value, just not as good as some others that I own.   I've also auditioned a set of Audioquest CV-8 that would be among the best. 

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #10 on: 24 Oct 2018, 04:10 pm »
If anyone is interested, we could do a definitive interconnect and speaker cable test here with our ABX Comparator.

We would equip the source to ABX box with the cables under test.  Then run two complete identical preamps and power amps and speakers.  One set with the cables to test, the other set with our normal BJC cables.

We would need a bunch of the cables to be tested.  One pair for the source to preamp, another pair from preamp to ABX switcher. a pair from the ABX switcher to the preamp, and another pair from preamp to power amp, along with one pair of speaker cables. We could also test power cords, would need one for the ABX switcher, one for the preamp, and one for the the power amp.  Probably need a USB cable from the computer to the DAC, and another power cord for the DAC itself.

We could then compare the two identical systems, one with our BJC cables and the cables to be tested.  The ABX switcher (available for $1099) allows true double blind testing that can either be done short term or long term.

We can use DSD 256 or PCM 192/24 source files.

Anyone up to the challenge?

Frank Van Alstine

ricmon

« Reply #11 on: 24 Oct 2018, 04:42 pm »
I've been using the LC-1's for years. Recently I replaced them with Mogami 2549 wire with RCA's. They made the Blue Jeans sound rolled off, a bit closed in. $25.

Ditto on the Mogami's, use their XLR interconnects as well.

Ric

mick wolfe

« Reply #12 on: 24 Oct 2018, 04:47 pm »

+1. Another vote here for the 2549.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #13 on: 24 Oct 2018, 04:48 pm »
If anyone is interested, we could do a definitive interconnect and speaker cable test here with our ABX Comparator.

We would equip the source to ABX box with the cables under test.  Then run two complete identical preamps and power amps and speakers.  One set with the cables to test, the other set with our normal BJC cables.

We would need a bunch of the cables to be tested.  One pair for the source to preamp, another pair from preamp to ABX switcher. a pair from the ABX switcher to the preamp, and another pair from preamp to power amp, along with one pair of speaker cables. We could also test power cords, would need one for the ABX switcher, one for the preamp, and one for the the power amp.  Probably need a USB cable from the computer to the DAC, and another power cord for the DAC itself.

We could then compare the two identical systems, one with our BJC cables and the cables to be tested.  The ABX switcher (available for $1099) allows true double blind testing that can either be done short term or long term.

Frank Van Alstine

As a long time cable swapper, I recently switched to Blue Jeans Cables for my RCA interconnects.  Mostly because I needed cables that were properly shielded because I have noise problems in my location.  I must be losing my audiophile cred or something, because I swear I can't hear the difference between the BJC and my more expensive more esoteric interconnects. 

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: 24 Oct 2018, 04:48 pm »
As a long time cable swapper, I recently switched to Blue Jeans Cables for my RCA interconnects.  Mostly because I needed cables that were properly shielded because I have noise problems in my location.  I must be losing my audiophile cred or something, because I swear I can't hear the difference between the BJC and my more expensive more esoteric interconnects.
Good on you Tyson!   :thumb:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #15 on: 24 Oct 2018, 04:54 pm »
Good on you Tyson!   :thumb:

Oh I'll keep trying.  I think maybe it's the audio equivalent of temporary insanity, haha. 

witchdoctor

« Reply #16 on: 24 Oct 2018, 05:01 pm »

Frank Van Alstine

Frank that is a great idea, thanks for offering. What do you need for a "shoot out"? I would like to see BJC, Mogami and Audioquest compared.

witchdoctor

« Reply #17 on: 24 Oct 2018, 05:07 pm »
Ditto on the Mogami's, use their XLR interconnects as well.

Ric

Remember, Mogami is that rare vendor that offers a LIFETIME warranty on their cables.I use Mogami Gold XLR microphone cables between my processor and active speakers. When I had one of them vandalized and cut in half I took it to Guitar Center and they exchanged it for a new one NP.  :thumb:

jpm

« Reply #18 on: 24 Oct 2018, 05:32 pm »
I've been impressed by the construction quality and range of options Ghent Audio offer for their cables.  If Blue Jeans doesn't offer what you need, Ghent's prices are comparable. For example: RCA M to M+M for subwoofers (Blue Jeans just offer a separate Y adapter) and DC barrel to USB C for the likes of the Allo DigiOne Signature Player.  Ghent is also very responsive to questions and custom options.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #19 on: 25 Oct 2018, 12:27 pm »
Just a reminder when discussing Frank's generous offer of the use of his equipment that DB testing debates are not allowed on this circle.  Nobody said anything wrong, just a PSA.  Back to our regularly scheduled programming.