Apartment Sub

Netjunk1e

Apartment Sub
« on: 2 Jul 2007, 04:07 am »
A little Background.

I started by building a set of AV-3's, then the sub came and then the AV-3S.

I just moved out of my college house into an apartment which is alot smaller, and i also have people living bellow me.

I am looking to make a much smaller sub that can be hidden somewhere, maybe using the 165x,  i know it does not go very low but that is actually a good thing!

I have though about going the tactile motor route but my wife will not let me drill into her brand new Pottery Barn couch.

Robbie

Danny Richie

Re: Apartment Sub
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jul 2007, 04:20 am »
I answered Robbie in an e-mail. My recommendation was our SW-12A (12" woofer) in a 1 cubic foot sealed box. It will -3db at 38Hz in a sealed box, but with the sub crossover set to 40Hz the -6db down point will become the new -3db down point which will be in the mid to upper 20's.

JoshK

Re: Apartment Sub
« Reply #2 on: 5 Jul 2007, 04:28 am »
I answered Robbie in an e-mail. My recommendation was our SW-12A (12" woofer) in a 1 cubic foot sealed box. It will -3db at 38Hz in a sealed box, but with the sub crossover set to 40Hz the -6db down point will become the new -3db down point which will be in the mid to upper 20's.
Sound like a good plan.  :thumb:  Apt dwelling is a tough situation...you gotta make the most, sound like Danny hooked you up.