To bi-wire or not...

sherod

To bi-wire or not...
« on: 11 Jul 2003, 01:45 am »
Hello everyone. I am a new member on this site, but a long-time member of Audiogon under the same username. I bought a few months ago a pair of the new Meadowlak Osprey and after talking to Klaus, he convinced me to try out the Stratos Stereo Extreme and Tempest. Klaus said the Stratos would be a 98% perfect match for the Scanspeak speakers as they love a lot of current. My question is: Does anyone else have some Meadowlarks( any version) being driven by a Stratos( any version) and what speaker conections have been the best-sounding? The Osprey are set up for bi-wiring, but my current cables are mono and I have some good Cardas jumpers with them. I would appreciate some feedback regarding the speaker hook-ups and would love to hear from anyone that have an Odyssey/ Meadowlark combo sytem. Thanks.  :D

speedcenter

• http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/audio
Re: To bi-wire or not...
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2003, 03:07 am »
just try some cheap zip cord wire for a bi-wire test with your existing cables. If it does sound better, keep looking. In my case (magnepan 3.5R) it was obvious that bi-wiring was better, even with $5 wires for hi/mid added to some $400 wires for the low run. I would assume that if it's not showing any clearly obvious improvement with cheap cables, it may not be worth spending a lot of $$$ on.