GR General update

jryjjrs

Re: GR General update
« Reply #40 on: 15 Mar 2022, 04:25 am »
Question on LGK2
when is the approximate release date and will the cabinet plan be available or just flatpack/assembled option?
I'm sorry if this has been ask/answered before. I cant use the search function.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #41 on: 15 Mar 2022, 03:39 pm »
Current ETA is about 2 weeks

Cabinet plans will be available.

jryjjrs

« Reply #42 on: 16 Mar 2022, 01:34 am »
Thank you. Looking forward to that.

Wigand

« Reply #43 on: 16 Mar 2022, 03:46 pm »
Any T26SG Updates hobbs? :)

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #44 on: 16 Mar 2022, 03:58 pm »
Any T26SG Updates hobbs? :)

Unfortunately not. The latest measurement we recieved still have the top end rolled off.

Wigand

« Reply #45 on: 16 Mar 2022, 04:02 pm »
ah ok; thanks

Wigand

« Reply #46 on: 16 Mar 2022, 04:46 pm »
Do you already have pricing for the base LGK without flatpacks?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #47 on: 16 Mar 2022, 05:30 pm »
We'll be working on that this week.

tortoiseman2542

« Reply #48 on: 16 Mar 2022, 11:19 pm »
Hobbs,

Have you guys got a revised Encore tweeter back for review?  I know the last one had issues and was sent back.

Thanks,
Robert

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #49 on: 16 Mar 2022, 11:31 pm »
Hobbs,

Have you guys got a revised Encore tweeter back for review?  I know the last one had issues and was sent back.

Thanks,
Robert

Not Hobbs but the Encore tweeter is the T26SG mentioned above

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #50 on: 17 Mar 2022, 12:15 am »
Hobbs,

Thanks,
Robert

They're still working on it, but the measurements we were sent yesterday still show the top end taking a nosedive after 13-15KHz, but with improved effeciency. So it's still not where we need it to be, unfortunately..

They suspect it might be an issue with the shape of the dome.

But losing the original dome material has really made it difficult getting it's replacement down tight.

E-Zee

• Industry Participant
    • Diy speaker resources and crossover assembly services
« Reply #51 on: 17 Mar 2022, 03:37 am »
Thank you for sticking with it and not giving up on the T26SG.

It would be a terrible loss to the community to lose the X-series as a result of the tweeter becoming no longer available.

Seperately, I know it was discussed loosely in the past, but I'm still holding on to the hope of seeing a center channel with the m130.  MTM would be great, but if the cabinet height and depth can be reduced enough from the X-Voce, for a smaller WMTMW using M130, I think it would fill a hole in the market for DIY center options.  It might not outsell an MTM, but sure would be a nice option as hopefully a top performer for it's size,  for those who can't make the room or gain spouse approval for an X-Voce.  Or, since there seems to be a commitment to wedgies, perhaps an MTM wedgie could be adapted for center channel to compliment NX-Studio or NX-Otica. 

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #52 on: 17 Mar 2022, 04:06 am »
Thank you for sticking with it and not giving up on the T26SG.

It would be a terrible loss to the community to lose the X-series as a result of the tweeter becoming no longer available.

Seperately, I know it was discussed loosely in the past, but I'm still holding on to the hope of seeing a center channel with the m130.  MTM would be great, but if the cabinet height and depth can be reduced enough from the X-Voce, for a smaller WMTMW using M130, I think it would fill a hole in the market for DIY center options.  It might not outsell an MTM, but sure would be a nice option as hopefully a top performer for it's size,  for those who can't make the room or gain spouse approval for an X-Voce.  Or, since there seems to be a commitment to wedgies, perhaps an MTM wedgie could be adapted for center channel to compliment NX-Studio or NX-Otica.

More models using the M-130 are still in the pipeline including the replacements for the AV-3 (MTM) and AV-3S (center) but they're all held up by the tweeter.
Not sure about a mini X-Voce, but it could be interesting since it'll be a little smaller.

We're really hoping they can get that top end back up, as thats the main thing currently holding up production.

Hopefully, it also means a will get a new coaxial sample as well. :wink:
The last one we recieved was pretty good, but needed some small changes. And those adjustments proved to be pretty solid options.

Possibly! But in order to do an MTM, the woofers would need to be 16 ohm, otherwise you'll need a MMTMM arrangements, but unless it's woofers are In a ported box, dont expect much bass below 200Hz.
We do have plans for a Studio-Center as well. And we are supposed to be getting an Otica-Center cabinet sometime soon for testing as well. (WWMTMWW)

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
« Reply #53 on: 17 Mar 2022, 06:14 am »
Thanks for all of the updates.

We do have plans for a Studio-Center as well.
I have been thinking about and wanting a Studio-Center. So this is cool beans :thumb:

Also a Studio-floorstander, with 8" woofer or woofers, is something rattling around my head.

During last summer/fall you were talking about 8" drivers. What happened on that?

Anyhow thanks.                                 

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #54 on: 17 Mar 2022, 06:21 am »
Thanks for all of the updates.
I have been thinking about and wanting a Studio-Center. So this is cool beans :thumb:

Also a Studio-floorstander, with 8" woofer or woofers, is something rattling around my head.

During last summer/fall you were talking about 8" drivers. What happened on that?

Anyhow thanks.                                 

The 8" woofers are currently being made
Current plan for a floor standing unit is 2x 16ohm woofers with the open portion being to the sides.
Viability of that idea will depend on the outcome of the center channel

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #55 on: 17 Mar 2022, 06:03 pm »
Quick update:

We just got notification that the 1000 GR Neo 3s are ready to be shipped to us!
A few boxes will be air-fraighted to us to allow us to get through backorders for the NX-series kits we can get out (just the NX-Studios until our new inductor supplier can start making coils for us again. They should be able to start winding coils by the first of April if all goes according to plan.

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
« Reply #56 on: 17 Mar 2022, 07:05 pm »
The 8" woofers are currently being made
Current plan for a floor standing unit is 2x 16ohm woofers with the open portion being to the sides.
Viability of that idea will depend on the outcome of the center channel

Oh Man, you just made my day.
A NX Studio surround system with floorstanders main LR, center channel,studio's for back channel. The X-on wall for height.
The only thing missing would be a matching sub. Maybe a small dual 8" servo box sub, like a Rythmik F8 or something.

Also the NX studio's I just put together have about 20 days into a 30 day 24-7 burn-in. Yes they are the best sounding speakers I have ever owned. Bold statement I know, but man they get more open and warm and lush every day. The bass I was worried about, but that fear has vanished. The amount of bass is very good. Very tight but has slam.

Sorry for the rammable-tron  :D
And thanks again!

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #57 on: 17 Mar 2022, 09:09 pm »
The NX studio's I just put together... are the best sounding speakers I have ever owned. The bass I was worried about, but that fear has vanished. The amount of bass is very good. Very tight but has slam.

On my system I had to turn down the subs in volume and in crossover frequency because they come on real strong about 50hz in my room. Surprising for a little speaker like that. Depending what you listen to, they could be completely fine without subs in a small room.  :thumb:

Chilkoot

« Reply #58 on: 17 Mar 2022, 09:42 pm »
Looking forward to see (hear) and NX Floorstander!

NoahH

« Reply #59 on: 19 Mar 2022, 06:56 pm »
I wanted to check in since it has been a few weeks - any word from Rythmik on plate amp availability?