Did your new Spatial Audio speakers trigger another purchase?

Memphisblues

Spatial Audio M3s here. Clayton mentioned to me when you get serious about analog……

First album with my starter MMF turntable…..ok…..definitely better.

Some research and today a step up…..Rega 6 with Hana SL cart

Wow…I’m finally getting analog.   Thanks again Clayton!

Lesson: These speakers love a good source.

Did anyone else fall  into the rabbit hole after hearing their speakers?

Mike

doggie

Yup. Decided to upgrade my DAC!

Rthomeint

My purchase is in the other direction. I ordered the new Audio Research I 50 integrated Amp. Now I am planning on buying the M4s or X3s.

doggie

My purchase is in the other direction. I ordered the new Audio Research I 50 integrated Amp. Now I am planning on buying the M4s or X3s.

Looks nice and is a real "Swiss Army Knife" with it's built in DAC. Have you had a chance to listen to one?

ric

Yes, after upgrading the original M3TS' crossover caps, moved on to other peripherals--huge fan of IsoAcoustics under everything. Upgraded to a Innuos Zen Mini and also a Border Patrol Dac. Also highly recommend upgrading any fuses--Synergistic has a newer one out, expensive but huge upgrade. I still prefer vinyl overall, but for ease of access and variety, streaming is the way to go. Bought a few Bybee technology products with the idea I would send them back, they did not go back. DIY Room treatments--even putting something over the tv screen helps quite a bit. Bass, move the speakers closer/further away from corners to tame bass boom.
But yes, vinyl is still king, sonically speaking. Mikey was right!

dallaire1

Yes, A pair of Danny's twin 12" subs and 24 strand DIY cables.

Rthomeint

Looks nice and is a real "Swiss Army Knife" with it's built in DAC. Have you had a chance to listen to one?

Yes I heard one a couple weeks ago. The new owner of Audio Research was at Quintessence Audio with the I 50. I had a chance to listen for about an hour, then I places an order for one in red. I am think about the speakers in Red also.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
I haven't even gotten my X3's yet and I'm already buying new stuff (Hapa Aero USB Cable, new DAC, and I'll need new speaker cables before they get here). 

Tangram

I went the other way, removing my subs.

One suggestion:don’t do anything too quickly. Live with the M3s for hundreds of hours before deciding what to do next.

consttraveler

• I think I won!
Yup!  Audion Mono Blocks will get here tomorrow.

consttraveler

• I think I won!
Oops!  I mean Tuesday.

doggie

I went the other way, removing my subs.

One suggestion:don’t do anything too quickly. Live with the M3s for hundreds of hours before deciding what to do next.

I sold my two 12" SVS subs. I lost no bass with my X5's.

+1 for being patient with break-in. At 150 hours they are nothing like they were at 100 hours. MUCH better...

Audiosaurusrex

Yes when I purchased my M3’s two years ago I wound up selling my SS amp/pre and got an Octave V70 Class A. I’m in sonic heaven now!

catluck

No question that moving from SA's M1 Triode Masters (w/ tweet & x/o upgrades) FORCED the purchase of new components.  The significantly improved detail retrieval/transparency/resolution made my, admittedly, dated components unwelcome at the ball.  So out went the Bel Canto 3.7 DAC, PS Audio transports and in with OKTO Research & Gustard DACs and Jay's Audio transports. I've mostly purchased US made goods for the last 45 years and thought it might be time to try something else.  By far, the musical presentations now are the best I've heard. It occurs to me that Clayton's suggestion these are the best speakers I'll ever need, or words that effect, may actually have merit. At least for now, the upgrade bug appears to be hibernating.

newzooreview

Just near the end of the break-in period on my Sapphire M3s, I decided to try a pair of AntiCables Level 3.1 speaker cables. The improvement was shocking. As others have said, the M3s (and siblings) will reveal and reproduce every subtle difference in what is feeding them.

The difference with the AntiCables, however, was not subtle at all. Bass gained texture, midrange clarity was astonishingly better, harmonics became more natural, the air and openness improved, harshness in the very high frequencies disappeared, and very deep bass appeared where it wasn’t coming through before.

The improvement has been so profound that I’m considering their Level 5 cables at 10x the price. I have ordered one pair of their Level 4.3 XLR interconnects to see if that makes a difference.

Considering the cost, Spatial Audio should bundle a pair of AntiCables Level 3.1 speaker cables with each set of speakers. It’s probably impractical, but I wish I had realized sooner how massive the difference would be using the AntiCables with the Sapphires.

geerock

newzooreview
I've been using Anticables for years.  And I've tried lots of other cables in between.  I always go back to Anticables.  Funny thing is I found Anticables at a show and met Paul Speltz.  I was a firm believer that cables made little to no difference, especially power cables.  He convinced me that power cables were one of the first things to try.  He gave me a good price on some level 2 power cables that he had on sight and said if I didn't like them to send them back for full refund.  I was shocked when I plugged them into my system.  Just an obvious and immediate positive change.  I called Paul the next day and upgraded to the level 3's and ordered some speaker cables.  Been with him ever since. 

newzooreview

newzooreview
I've been using Anticables for years.

I bought a set of AntiCables speaker cables when they were first introduced and used them for several years. I switched to Triode Wire Labs cables for flexibility in moving the speakers around. With the less refined equipment I had at the time, the difference was not profound.

With the M3s, the advantage of the AntiCables is incredibly obvious. Because I had used the first versions, I did not expect that.

patbrennan

I bought x3's and have never looked back. They are so revealing of anything I might change at the source, that my next upgrade is investigating ethernet switches. I intend to upgrade to an english electric 8switch. Admittedly my analogue front end is exceptional, but the digital is getting close, and this should, fingers crossed, move it closer still. I love how contentious the subject seems to be, and hear so many scream 'Snake Oil', but I trust my ears, and if it doesn't work, it goes back. As much as I enjoy playing with the technology, it's all about the Music for me.