Question about HT and OB

Shives

• I like French fries
Question about HT and OB
« on: 27 Jun 2021, 09:43 pm »
I’m guessing it’s been talked about.. I did take a quick look..

So, Statik’s are a Hybrid OB. Voce, Hybrid OB on the account they both have a sealed cabinet and open baffle up top..

What about a Hybrid rear for HT? Or even 5.1 audio.

Something like one sealed driver and OB mid with tweeter?

The OB just tosses sound around like nothing. And to keep front as rear.. does this sound dumb? Maybe it does. I’m sorry for that.. I know there could be some issues with reflection.. but.. it’s a thought.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
Re: Question about HT and OB
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2021, 09:49 pm »
I’ve heard X-Statiks as rear surrounds and while perhaps that’s overkill they worked very well.  X-Omnis also make great rear channel speakers.

Shives

• I like French fries
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2021, 09:54 pm »
Hey man!! How are ya!!

Gosh, a second set in the rear.. Ha .. that would be a trip. But, was thinking something smaller.

The Omni’s! I’ve been thinking a LOT about those lately.. I don’t see any cabinet plans for them.. being they are very square tower, might be an easy build. I was going to mention them above as well.. I like how the mid is up and the sound again comes more from around (guessing and from what I read)

Anyone seen cabinet plans for Omnis?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2021, 10:12 pm »
I believe it's basically the same as the older A/V O models, just a little larger

One of the people working here is listening to Danny's pair and ready likes them.

We still need to fix the price for that model, tbh. Cuz it ain't $5000.  :lol:
Its much closer to the X-SLS.

Shives

• I like French fries
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2021, 02:36 pm »
Hobbs!!

Quick reminder… Females tubes, caps and such for Statik and Voce. Think I found the values.

Ok.. back to topic.. I’ve been thinking about the Omni’s for a bit now. I think once I can see the cabinet plans it might be my first build with these. Maybe e-zze is ready with what we’ve been chatting about too!! Time to reach out!

Anyways, so the Omni’s are an option. I would still love to know if OB hybrid would work as rears or if it would be a bad idea. Knowing (crazy to think) some have used 4 statiks as L-R and RR LR is crazy!! But, something like a mini Statik would be cool. Again, maybe a single sealed 6 or a 5… then match with one OB and the T26 tweeter. Just a thought… maybe a dumb one. Lol.

Thanks.

I’m a lot head underwater today… going through some crappy stuff. So, I’m trying to keep focused and busy.

Vince in TX

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jun 2021, 09:32 pm »
I'll be running four AV-1RS speakers for my surrounds.   I actually talked to Danny about using my X-LS Encores for the surround or back channels, and he recommended against it.   The A/V-1RS actually aim upwards toward the ceiling, which is nice because I won't have to worry about a speaker right next to someone's head firing directly into their ears.   It's the reason I aimed my temporary Klipsch speakers in between the seating positions and not directly at them:

Shives

• I like French fries
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jun 2021, 10:35 pm »
Hey what’s up man! Thanks for the tip! All the AV gear is going through some changes. You talking the wedge upwards fire ones I think I saw them. Are you currently building them?

Thanks for the info. Yea, I don’t want to run the X-Ls as rears anymore. I’ll have to figure something out. 

Vince in TX

« Reply #7 on: 2 Jul 2021, 02:07 am »
Hey what’s up man! Thanks for the tip! All the AV gear is going through some changes. You talking the wedge upwards fire ones I think I saw them. Are you currently building them?

Thanks for the info. Yea, I don’t want to run the X-Ls as rears anymore. I’ll have to figure something out.

I haven’t received the A/V-1RS kits yet.  The woofers were among those back ordered, and Danny recently changed the tweeter design.   I spoke with him early in the week, and he’s in the process of getting everything together including the pre-built cabinets from Killian.

Right now I’m still building the Servo Sub 4 kits.   I just got notification this evening that the Walnut veneer I ordered from Home Depot just showed up, so I’ll send the pieces for the outer cabinets out to get laminated early next week.   After the horrid experience I had trying to paint the inner cabinets (way too hot and humid in the garage, accidentally mixed lacquer and enamel by grabbing the wrong can off my shelf, gumming up sandpaper, etc.) I’m not taking any chances with the veneer.   Thankfully most of the surfaces of the inner cabinets will be covered with no-res.