RMAF?

hawkeyejw

RMAF?
« on: 18 Jun 2021, 08:19 pm »
Danny, Have you given any thought to attending RMAF this year? I’m thinking about plans to go but would be hoping to hear whatever you bring if I’m going to make the trip. 

zenfishbike

Re: RMAF?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2021, 11:51 pm »
Danny, Have you given any thought to attending RMAF this year? I’m thinking about plans to go but would be hoping to hear whatever you bring if I’m going to make the trip.

Ditto

Jaytor

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2021, 01:24 am »
+1.

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2021, 02:18 pm »
I have no plans to exhibit right now. It just doesn't make sense for me. I can't afford to be a week behind right now. We are really humping it 7 days a week to catch up with orders.

Even when we are there we might get 500 to 1,000 people through our room over the course of the show. Our YouTube videos get that many views in the first hour that they are posted.

Another concern is that show goers are an older generation and the shows just aren't reaching the younger audience. So the shows really aren't bringing new people into this hobby.

The YouTube videos on the other hand are reaching a new audience and younger people. So it is really building back an industry that had been in a free fall for a while now.

So it is clear where I need to put my time and efforts.

I really would like to go to the show though to see good friends and old customers. I am trying to get caught up and all my ducks in a row so that I can go. So seeing me there right now is a maybe.
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2021, 01:18 am by Danny Richie »

hawkeyejw

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jun 2021, 04:20 pm »
Totally get it Danny. I kind of figured it was probably a long shot but doesn’t hurt to ask. To me it would be an opportunity to meet you and some of the guys from this forum and also hear a lot of stuff I’d never hear otherwise, but if it’s not worth it for you from a business standpoint then it is what it is.

Someone in another thread mentioned trying to organize a get together somewhere, maybe we can use the show as the meeting point. Even if there isn’t GR stuff to listen to I think it would be enjoyable. After the past year and a half I’m ready to start planning some social events to look forward to.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 2021, 06:25 pm »
Well, if you come to the Al Stiefel Remembrance room at RMAF2021, you will be able to hear the modular 3x12 OB H-Frame Servo subs.   :D

hawkeyejw

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jun 2021, 06:46 pm »
Well, if you come to the Al Stiefel Remembrance room at RMAF2021, you will be able to hear the modular 3x12 OB H-Frame Servo subs.   :D

Excellent! Let’s get a roll call going, who is planning to attend?

Chewbacca

« Reply #7 on: 19 Jun 2021, 07:23 pm »
Don't think it would take much to convince the Little Lady to head to Colorado with me! 8)

Would be awesome if you could make it, Danny! You may find me bringing a permanent chair for your room :lol:

:beer:

subsonic1050

« Reply #8 on: 19 Jun 2021, 07:24 pm »
I have no plans to exhibit right now. It just doesn't make sense for me. I can't afford to be a week behind right now. We are really humping it 7 days a week to catch up with orders.

Even when we are there we might get 500 to 1,000 people through our room over the course of the show. Our YouTube videos get that many views in the first hour that they are posted.

Another concern is that show goers are an older generation and the shows just aren't reaching the younger audience. So the shows really aren't bringing new people into this hobby.

The YouTube videos on the other hand are reaching a new audience and younger people. So it is really building back an industry that had been in a free fall for a while now.

So it is clear where I need to put my time and efforts.

I really would like to go to the show though to see good friends and old customers. I am trying to get caught up and all my ducks in a row so that I can go though. So seeing me there right now is a maybe.

Totally get it Danny - and you're probably right. Still, given that your products are DIY, it can be very difficult to audition them. I know I sort of took a "leap of faith" and ordered the servo subs, NX-Treme's, and also some X-Statik's just based on feedback and reviews. I'm sure it would be very nice for some of your prospective customers - people you have reached on YouTube, but who would also like to hear them first, to have a place to come to listen. In any case, I should have my NX-Treme's done well before RMAF, and I'll soon be able to add my name to the Owner's audition list along with the triple servo's for the Wisconsin area.

Jaytor

« Reply #9 on: 19 Jun 2021, 08:01 pm »
I am tentatively planning on going, but if Covid hasn't died down enough so that we can go maskless, I may rethink. I'm not sure if I want to spend 2 or 3 days wearing a mask to attend an event that I'd only be going to for my enjoyment.

I know at the T.H.E. show, they required a proof of vaccine or recent negative covid test prior to entry, but still required masks. It would certainly make me feel better if RMAF had the same entry requirement, but with new case rates low enough that masks weren't required.

It would be great to meet Danny and some of the AC regulars in person.

fridays

« Reply #10 on: 20 Jun 2021, 03:22 am »
I was thinking about going to RMAF, but I won’t play that mask vax game

Danny Richie

« Reply #11 on: 22 Jun 2021, 01:21 am »
Once I get my new listening room completed then I may put together some get togethers myself and have different industry groups come together and meet up here.

Jaytor

« Reply #12 on: 22 Jun 2021, 02:02 am »
Once I get my new listening room completed then I may put together some get togethers myself and have different industry groups come together and meet up here.

Great idea, Danny!

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 22 Jun 2021, 03:00 am »
Great idea, Danny!

I second that!!

Chewbacca

« Reply #14 on: 22 Jun 2021, 01:31 pm »

Hmm... Texas doesn't sound too bad! :wink:

hawkeyejw

« Reply #15 on: 22 Jun 2021, 01:53 pm »

That would be cool. It’s been a long time since my last audio GTG.

Carl V

« Reply #16 on: 22 Jun 2021, 04:50 pm »

SOUNDS fun...almost as good as Your past Wichita Falls annual Church GTG.
Those were entertaining, enlightening & educational.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #17 on: 22 Jun 2021, 04:55 pm »
Great idea!

hawkeyejw

« Reply #18 on: 3 Sep 2021, 04:03 pm »
I just saw that RMAF has been shut down permanently. Sad news.

Jaytor

« Reply #19 on: 3 Sep 2021, 04:22 pm »
That is a bummer. I had hoped to go this year, but decided to wait until next year. Oh well, I guess there is still Axpona.