Hello from Sunny Florida

Frank M

Hello from Sunny Florida
« on: 8 Jun 2021, 10:38 am »
New to AudioCircle - got led here by Danny Richie's YouTube videos. 

I have tinkered with hifi, as we called it, since back in the '60's.  I just had to take a closer look at my father's Lafayette Electronics tube receiver. Have had a love for tubes ever since.  Built Dynaco kits and Heath kits and lusted after Conrad-Johnson components once I started earning some money.  I currently have a fine vintage PV-12 and Premiere 11A that are the heart of an all American made analog listening room in my home.  VPI and Grado are also well represented.  Most of my vinyl dates back to the 40's, 50's and 60's.

Decided to jump back into DIY in my retirement by building a pair of GR Research NX Studio monitors. Which is the reason I'm here today! Looking forward to the journey.

Best Regards,

Frank M

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello from Sunny Florida
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jun 2021, 04:10 am »
Welcome Frank  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 9 Jun 2021, 12:48 pm »
Welcome! In FL as well

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 9 Jun 2021, 04:41 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Frank   :thumb:

MT5000

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2021, 05:20 pm »
Hello and welcome!  I'm in Florida as well.

SpeakerLuv

• Greetings to the Audio Circle forum
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2021, 12:55 am »
Welcome. I worked at Cape Canaveral before I retired. I enjoy vinyl also, I even have a crank Victrola with the 1/4” thick records. Over the years I’ve built many point to point, and printed circuit board projects. Keep having fun! GR Research brought me to Audio Circle also.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #6 on: 15 Jun 2021, 03:44 am »
Welcome aboard! My dad lives in Cape Coral and we are going to swing through a bunch of places over there in the next two weeks. Can't wait!

Cheers!

Slush

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 15 Jun 2021, 06:59 am »
Welcome. I worked at Cape Canaveral before I retired. I enjoy vinyl also, I even have a crank Victrola with the 1/4” thick records. Over the years I’ve built many point to point, and printed circuit board projects. Keep having fun! GR Research brought me to Audio Circle also.
Welcome to AC  :thumb:
Any tube amp?