BDP-2 Error 9

Roberto135

BDP-2 Error 9
« on: 7 Jun 2021, 09:31 pm »
Hello everyone,
tonight, suddenly, my BDP-2 won't start anymore. After switching on, it stays on initialization for a few minutes, after which it stops on Error 09. I removed the cover, checked the cable connections, reset the bias and even tried to replace the battery, but nothing to do, I have made dozens of attempts, but it doesn't seem to load the operating system anymore.
Could it be that the problem is in the Compact Flash?

Roberto

gbaby

Re: BDP-2 Error 9
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jun 2021, 10:30 pm »
Look in the instructions. I believe Error Code 9 is a voltage issue, but I'm not for sure. However, I am sure that the Error codes are contained in the manual.

Roberto135

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jun 2021, 10:50 pm »
Manual: Error 9 is the only error message to not be triggered by power line conditions. This message occurs if the microprocessor doesn't hear from the main board running the Linux OS.

I believe that it is necessary to intervene on the CF card, and perhaps the simplest way is to have a new one already loaded.

gbaby

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jun 2021, 05:37 pm »
Manual: Error 9 is the only error message to not be triggered by power line conditions. This message occurs if the microprocessor doesn't hear from the main board running the Linux OS.

I believe that it is necessary to intervene on the CF card, and perhaps the simplest way is to have a new one already loaded.

I don't know what a "CF card" is but have you fixed it?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 8 Jun 2021, 06:44 pm »
Hi

Email MIke at Bryston - mpickett@bryston.com

james

Roberto135

« Reply #5 on: 8 Jun 2021, 07:47 pm »
Thank You James, before writing to Mike, I will try to reload manicmoose.img into the Compact Flash (as is explained in the manual), the problem I think is here. Today I tried, through a card reader, to restore the original BDP-2 Flash Card, but there is a problem that blocks the PC (hard to read it), I think CF is broken. So two hours ago, I ordered a new one on Amazon: it's not a Kingston same as the original, they are obsolete parts and there isn't much choice, so I had to order an AGFA, I hope it is compatible with the BDP.
In case I can't fix the problem, I will definitely contact Mike to send me a new CF pre-loaded by Bryston.
If they are on time, AGFA should arrive tomorrow, I will keep you updated.
Thanks also to gbaby.

Roberto

Roberto135

« Reply #6 on: 9 Jun 2021, 02:26 pm »
I'm testing the first of the two compact flashes I have available (the original is officially defunct). I loaded manicmoose.img from the pc, inserted the CF (Agfa 4GB) and the BDP-2 started up. After having struggled to find the internet connection, I proceeded to make the firmware update available, and at the end I had a strange surprise: the brightness of the display has decreased a lot, and even at maximum (level 4), it is so low as to seem off. I proceed with the tests ...

Roberto135

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jun 2021, 03:48 pm »
Hi

Email MIke at Bryston - mpickett@bryston.com

james

I then wrote to Mike, because display brightness is really too low, it seems almost off... let's see if there is a way to solve.

vonnie123

vonnie123

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jun 2021, 04:35 pm »
I don't know what a "CF card" is but have you fixed it?

Compact Flash card.  The cards used to go wonky on my BDP-1s.  Re- Formatting them is a process, but there are good instructions from Bryston on how to do it.  My BDP-2s have been far more stabilize on those.

Roberto135

« Reply #10 on: 27 Jun 2021, 06:13 pm »
In my case, I managed to fix everything, except the mystery of the display that lost brightness during the firmware update, even set on level 4, it is practically unreadable, to understand if it is on, I need to get very close. Now I'm waiting for Chris's answer to know how to get the brightness back.
I hope I don't have to keep it as dark as it is now.

Roberto

GoGoDuck

« Reply #11 on: 28 Jun 2021, 02:37 am »
Same issue on my BDP-2 last night after power failure, I come from HK, with error code: 09 / 166…
May I know how to overcome such issue?
PS: BDA-3 can’t lock a digital signal (USB)