BDP-2 Error 9

Roberto135

BDP-2 Error 9
« on: 7 Jun 2021, 09:31 pm »
Hello everyone,
tonight, suddenly, my BDP-2 won't start anymore. After switching on, it stays on initialization for a few minutes, after which it stops on Error 09. I removed the cover, checked the cable connections, reset the bias and even tried to replace the battery, but nothing to do, I have made dozens of attempts, but it doesn't seem to load the operating system anymore.
Could it be that the problem is in the Compact Flash?

Roberto

gbaby

Re: BDP-2 Error 9
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jun 2021, 10:30 pm »
Look in the instructions. I believe Error Code 9 is a voltage issue, but I'm not for sure. However, I am sure that the Error codes are contained in the manual.

Roberto135

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jun 2021, 10:50 pm »
Manual: Error 9 is the only error message to not be triggered by power line conditions. This message occurs if the microprocessor doesn't hear from the main board running the Linux OS.

I believe that it is necessary to intervene on the CF card, and perhaps the simplest way is to have a new one already loaded.

gbaby

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jun 2021, 05:37 pm »
Manual: Error 9 is the only error message to not be triggered by power line conditions. This message occurs if the microprocessor doesn't hear from the main board running the Linux OS.

I believe that it is necessary to intervene on the CF card, and perhaps the simplest way is to have a new one already loaded.

I don't know what a "CF card" is but have you fixed it?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 8 Jun 2021, 06:44 pm »
Hi

Email MIke at Bryston - mpickett@bryston.com

james

Roberto135

« Reply #5 on: 8 Jun 2021, 07:47 pm »
Thank You James, before writing to Mike, I will try to reload manicmoose.img into the Compact Flash (as is explained in the manual), the problem I think is here. Today I tried, through a card reader, to restore the original BDP-2 Flash Card, but there is a problem that blocks the PC (hard to read it), I think CF is broken. So two hours ago, I ordered a new one on Amazon: it's not a Kingston same as the original, they are obsolete parts and there isn't much choice, so I had to order an AGFA, I hope it is compatible with the BDP.
In case I can't fix the problem, I will definitely contact Mike to send me a new CF pre-loaded by Bryston.
If they are on time, AGFA should arrive tomorrow, I will keep you updated.
Thanks also to gbaby.

Roberto

Roberto135

« Reply #6 on: 9 Jun 2021, 02:26 pm »
I'm testing the first of the two compact flashes I have available (the original is officially defunct). I loaded manicmoose.img from the pc, inserted the CF (Agfa 4GB) and the BDP-2 started up. After having struggled to find the internet connection, I proceeded to make the firmware update available, and at the end I had a strange surprise: the brightness of the display has decreased a lot, and even at maximum (level 4), it is so low as to seem off. I proceed with the tests ...

Roberto135

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jun 2021, 03:48 pm »
Hi

Email MIke at Bryston - mpickett@bryston.com

james

I then wrote to Mike, because display brightness is really too low, it seems almost off... let's see if there is a way to solve.