We just added something new.

JCarney

Re: We just added something new.
« Reply #20 on: 7 Jun 2021, 12:07 pm »
LMAO! Nice one Skilly.

Wow,

It seems a bit extreme to hire the man just to avoid his questions about when his parts are coming in.  :lol:

Congrats, and I hope this works well for you both.

Scott

JCarney

morganc

« Reply #21 on: 7 Jun 2021, 03:34 pm »
 Congrats Hobbs and Danny.  Sounds like a great fit. 

MattSelinger

« Reply #22 on: 7 Jun 2021, 08:07 pm »
Congrats and much appreciation to Hobbs, Danny and crew.  We know how busy you all are and I recall Hobbs responding to some of my comments and inquiries a while back when I was doing my first GR Research build.  Given how capable Hobbs has proven to be as a supportive-enthusiast-expert, Danny you might want to task Hobbs with tracking down the NX woofers for his first assignment.  HA!!!

Hope the move goes well Hobbs!

Norman Tracy

« Reply #23 on: 7 Jun 2021, 08:34 pm »
What?!?? Danny hired Hobbs? Oh rats I read the title and was hoping for a thumping 21" woofer.  What a disappointment. 8)

Seriously now and all kidding aside great news for Danny, GR customers, and Hobbs.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #24 on: 8 Jun 2021, 12:44 am »
NQ drivers are expected to be here this week, with more in production.  :thumb:

We also got some cool stuff in the works that should be announced in the coming weeks. But can't really say more than that.. (yet) :wink:

SlushPuppy

« Reply #25 on: 8 Jun 2021, 01:32 am »
Wow,

It seems a bit extreme to hire the man just to avoid his questions about when his parts are coming in.  :lol:

Lol! That is damn funny!   :lol:

And congrats Hobbs! I always thought something like that would be the best "retirement job" for a guy like me. Enjoy!

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #26 on: 8 Jun 2021, 01:43 am »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Congrats Hobbs, I am planning to bombard Danny with questions now so I can work for him too! :) And we know the parts are in soon so it worked? Just kidding Danny  :lol:

VinceT

« Reply #27 on: 8 Jun 2021, 03:55 am »

We also got some cool stuff in the works that should be announced in the coming weeks. But can't really say more than that.. (yet) :wink:

You are really making your "Fun with Speaker Design" post into reality! Can't wait to see what there is in the pipeline.

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #28 on: 8 Jun 2021, 10:33 am »

Such an audio tease Hobbs. Is it Christmas yet? I would love to see a kit better the CSS Criton 1TD at pound for pound (USD549) from Danny and you guys. I am sure the encores do but they have anfair advantage at USD249. :):):):)

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #29 on: 8 Jun 2021, 12:06 pm »
You are really making your "Fun with Speaker Design" post into reality! Can't wait to see what there is in the pipeline.

Maybe some day! Maybe once production isn't an ongoing issue.. :P

Digi-G

« Reply #30 on: 8 Jun 2021, 12:14 pm »
Hobbs, I read in some of your posts that you were busy moving, but I had no idea.

I almost feel like GR Research just hired a friend of mine (if I can be so bold to say that).

Congrats to both of you!

Allumnus

« Reply #31 on: 8 Jun 2021, 12:20 pm »
Nice, really nice. Congratulations!

JonathanWalton7

« Reply #32 on: 8 Jun 2021, 12:35 pm »
That's fantastic Hobbs!  I'm in South Florida and was gonna ask if you'd be willing to audition your listening setup.  Seems like Danny beat me to the punch!  😂. But I'm super happy for ya man!  I think Danny got himself a keeper, Congrats!  I'd love to pay GR a visit once the new listening room is complete.  How's that coming along by the way?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #33 on: 8 Jun 2021, 12:57 pm »
Yeah, sorry about that! It all happened pretty fast actually.

It's still got a good ways to go, and part of me coming in will allow Danny to focus on other projects, like the new listening room, along with a bigger work space, while also measuring the 20-30 something speakers that have taken over the shop.

Then with the M130 & NQ drivers, it's gunna be really busy the next few days trying to get the A/V & NX orders out the door. But hopefully we can start making some real progress soon!  :thumb:

Vince in TX

« Reply #34 on: 8 Jun 2021, 08:15 pm »
Congratulations, Hobbs!  I've been bugging Danny a lot lately.  :thumb:

Vince in TX

« Reply #35 on: 8 Jun 2021, 08:16 pm »
Congratulations, Hobbs!  I've been bugging Danny a lot lately.  :thumb:

Oh, and now perhaps Danny will have the bandwidth to drive down to the Houston area to calibrate my setup.    :green:

Jmitchell3

« Reply #36 on: 8 Jun 2021, 10:37 pm »
Nice!

JakeJ

« Reply #37 on: 9 Jun 2021, 04:16 pm »
Congrats, Hobbs!  Just a little jealous as anything related to electronics is interesting to me and speakers is a sub-topic I like, have fun.