x-over's

uolnad

x-over's
« on: 5 Jun 2021, 03:30 am »
Enough already with the values being shown. Rarely or ever are the coil or resistor values shown. you would be hard pressed with out those. I hardly think a cap value here and there is going to bankrupt GR research. Some of you need to chill a little and stop being over protective fan boys.

subsonic1050

Re: x-over's
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jun 2021, 03:44 am »
It's not about whether values being shown would "bankrupt GR Research". It is intellectual property - plain and simple. I'm still relatively new to this forum myself, but poking around here for a few months the people are very friendly and helpful. Information is very freely exchanged here - all they ask is that you simply be polite and not share intellectual property. If abiding by the one simple rule (really more of a guideline) they ask is too much - I'm not really sure this is the place for you. When you go out and design your own award winning speakers and make all the plans completely free then come back and let's talk.

hawkeyejw

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jun 2021, 12:44 pm »
Uolnad, do you give away your work for free? Nobody owes you any free IP.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #3 on: 5 Jun 2021, 02:55 pm »
Yes, the diyaudio forum might be a better place to hang out for you,  lots of interesting designs all freely shared.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #4 on: 5 Jun 2021, 04:44 pm »
Enough already with the values being shown. Rarely or ever are the coil or resistor values shown. you would be hard pressed with out those. I hardly think a cap value here and there is going to bankrupt GR research. Some of you need to chill a little and stop being over protective fan boys.

We need to do nothing. GR needs to do nothing. You Sir need to learn how to design a crossover.  :thumb:

charles

Early B.

« Reply #5 on: 5 Jun 2021, 04:58 pm »
You Sir need to learn how to design a crossover.  :thumb:

Nah. He needs to learn how to be polite. The newbie made three mistakes --

1. He admonishes us for doing the right thing.
2. He labels us as fanboys when the issue of intellectual property isn't limited to GR Research. 
3. He doesn't fully understand the concept of intellectual property and the need to protect it in order for people to make an honest, decent living.

rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 5 Jun 2021, 07:10 pm »
Nah. He needs to learn how to be polite. The newbie made three mistakes --

1. He admonishes us for doing the right thing.
2. He labels us as fanboys when the issue of intellectual property isn't limited to GR Research. 
3. He doesn't fully understand the concept of intellectual property and the need to protect it in order for people to make an honest, decent living.

That as well.

charles

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 6 Jun 2021, 12:43 pm »
Information is very freely exchanged here
Maybe Iam not seeing all the site but I only see Danny and a few others more as Jeff(Sonic Craft), JLM, Tyson and me (on tubes) give donation of evaluated and classified information for free.

The complete majority of members do not want to give information to contribute to the site and when they are asked to they do not respond or pretend to be misunderstand or play act not to have knowledge, all these members are from such a country and have the same group behavior.
How does one tell how thick the glass is?

roscoe65

« Reply #8 on: 6 Jun 2021, 01:19 pm »
Hey Mods:  can we put this thread in the waste bin?  It is hashing my mellow.

Shives

• I like French fries
« Reply #9 on: 6 Jun 2021, 01:28 pm »
I don’t quiet understand what Fullrange is saying. No disrespect bud.

Again, it’s somewhat simple to understand this concept. Some people don’t know, then they are reminded. Yes, as mentioned site like DIY freely handout schematics and builds.. And that’s cool! It’s what they do!

Here it’s a little different, and well anyone who’s been to Texas would know this. Danny does not take information off the web sites and re-use it. No, he takes the speaker all apart. Takes out the factory network, draws that out. Then takes his own collection of parts (inductors, caps, resistors and such) puts them to circuit and test each build sonically! Most cases you’ll find if your a fly on the wall, he takes quiet a bit of time to make the speaker response accurate and proper. So, going with a 2 driver speaker..

2 speakers to test, 2 circuits to build, then combine. Plus the fact of going over the cabinet and putting together the rest of the kit. Then he orders gets and gathers all the parts. Makes copies of finished products, builds a customer version schematic an packages them all together.

That is a rough draft of what’s done. And you know what, I’ll gladly pay someone to make a proper crossover of X Y and Z! Not only his smarts, but his tools, shop, workers and more that he pays an Hourly to help him. None of that is free. I’m happy to support people! Not corporate structure. (If possible. Not always! Lol)

So, the man pays for his building, tools and workers how? By giving away his work??

I don’t see that as even a discussion. I’m happy to X out my values when building. I’ve personally made 3-4 threads going over how to assemble his stuff, as others have. Most of us are really hear to help... Not hinder.

If anyone wants free, head on over to DIY! They have some plans, and ways to build for free! But, it won’t be as good as GR stuff.
But it’s free!

Good day all!

77SunsetStrip

« Reply #10 on: 6 Jun 2021, 04:16 pm »
Maybe Iam not seeing all the site but I only see Danny and a few others more as Jeff(Sonic Craft), JLM, Tyson and me (on tubes) give donation of evaluated and classified information for free.

The complete majority of members do not want to give information to contribute to the site and when they are asked to they do not respond or pretend to be misunderstand or play act not to have knowledge, all these members are from such a country and have the same group behavior.

I follow several audio related forums.  Audio Circle is by far the most friendly and informative.  The GR Research Circle, Danny in particular, is very generous with information in the forum, via email, and YouTube videos.  Don't know how you can reasonably expect more? 

Exactly what does "from such a country and have the same group behavior" mean?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #11 on: 7 Jun 2021, 01:10 am »
I follow several audio related forums.  Audio Circle is by far the most friendly and informative.  The GR Research Circle, Danny in particular, is very generous with information in the forum, via email, and YouTube videos.  Don't know how you can reasonably expect more? 

Exactly what does "from such a country and have the same group behavior" mean?
You dont read my post I said that Danny and a few others more give donation of evaluated and classified information for free. I dont even like xovers and dont use any, but I have emailed Danny a half dozens times and he always replied me with valuable information.

subsonic1050

« Reply #12 on: 7 Jun 2021, 03:15 am »
You dont read my post I said that Danny and a few others more give donation of evaluated and classified information for free. I dont even like xovers and dont use any, but I have emailed Danny a half dozens times and he always replied me with valuable information.

I can only assume that you aren't a native English speaker, and for someone who has learned English as a 2nd or 3rd language you do pretty well. I will say however that your posts are very difficult to read, and in some cases just don't make sense. I don't believe 77SunsetStrip meant anything by it, but I agree that it's pretty difficult to understand what you're trying to say some of the time.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 7 Jun 2021, 03:27 am »
I can only assume that you aren't a native English speaker, and for someone who has learned English as a 2nd or 3rd language you do pretty well. I will say however that your posts are very difficult to read, and in some cases just don't make sense. I don't believe 77SunsetStrip meant anything by it, but I agree that it's pretty difficult to understand what you're trying to say some of the time.
Can I blame gogle?  :peek:
In this case was easy see I was praising Danny.

subsonic1050

« Reply #14 on: 7 Jun 2021, 04:06 am »

You can definitely blame google! You're doing better than me, or most Americans for that matter - most of us only speak English.

77SunsetStrip

« Reply #15 on: 7 Jun 2021, 01:37 pm »
FullRangeMan, the additional information about communication with Danny is good clarification. I did not understand your original comment about Danny and others as praise, instead it appeared to be a statement.  Sorry, I quoted you and responded to the tone of the original post that intellectual property should be shared.  Should not have mixed the two.

rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 7 Jun 2021, 03:51 pm »

You make perfect sense to me Sir.

charles