Add 1" to OB Sub H-Frame Width?

zenfishbike

Add 1" to OB Sub H-Frame Width?
« on: 24 Apr 2021, 02:16 pm »
Would it present any acoustical issues to add 1" to the OB Sub H-Frame width? I'm going to build a set of duals first but want to keep the option open to add a 3rd driver later in it's own standard size single OB box on top. The added width of the dual would provide a 1/2" reveal on each side where the two cabinets meet. Note that the duals will not have any overhang on the top panel. Thanks!

Sonicjoy

Re: Add 1" to OB Sub H-Frame Width?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2021, 02:08 pm »
Hello. While I am not sure on the details you mention, The subs are available in a modular single version that can be stacked for as many drivers as you want. I have seen up to six stacked. You will need to ask which sub amps to use however.

Captainhemo

« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2021, 06:15 pm »
I am not sure how much 1"  will make a difference but, you  will likely  lose a bit of SPL.
If you  will be adding  a 3rd woofer down the road, be sure to  use the SW12 16FR's,  the 8 ohm version will not work with  3 woofers.

With duals or triples,  either the A370's or the smaller  HX  amps will work, Danny/Brian at Rythmik can guide on which   will work best  for you.  If you   think you  may go larger (quads/6 stacks at some point),  then the  HX800's or  the A370 that can be run in master/slave  are  what  you'd  want.

Yes,   as SJ  mentioned,  we do offer a modular    design,  Rich  (HAL) is gluing up some additional modules to expand  his duals to triples  now.

Post  253 here is where the  details on the modules  start,  some additional pics  on  folloowing pages
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=139480.240

jay

zenfishbike

« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2021, 08:55 pm »
Thanks Jay, perhaps it would be best to leave the internal dimension alone and just add 1/2" to each side panel. That would give me some added mass too. Oh, and I did get the 16ohm drivers and A370's to future proof the duals.