Schiit Freya + tube rolling

Uniq1

Schiit Freya + tube rolling
« on: 20 Apr 2021, 12:10 am »
I wonder if anyone here have had good success tube rolling with the Freya+. Obviously I've watch some Youtube videos and read on different forums of others experiences. This has lead me to order some new tubes to try the combination of the following tubes: 2 Psvane COSSOR 6SN7 ( waiting on these) with 2 GE 5692 Red...hope to find more of that tube air magic.

mick wolfe

Re: Schiit Freya + tube rolling
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2021, 04:44 pm »
I wonder if anyone here have had good success tube rolling with the Freya+. Obviously I've watch some Youtube videos and read on different forums of others experiences. This has lead me to order some new tubes to try the combination of the following tubes: 2 Psvane COSSOR 6SN7 ( waiting on these) with 2 GE 5692 Red...hope to find more of that tube air magic.

After rolling some ANOS G.E.'s plus a few others thru the Freya+, I went back to the supplied JJ's for awhile. Be it system synergy or whatever, the JJ's sound fine to me. That said, I'm sure I'll be experimenting further in the future, but don't assume any tube you pop in there will trounch the JJ. Didn't happen here anyway.

Samoyed

Re: Schiit Freya + tube rolling
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2021, 07:54 pm »
I like the JJ tubes, too. Go figure.