What is the best Digital cable I can get to go between my BDP2 and B135-3-DAC?

wplash666

What would you use at Bryston? Poling my team of experts.

wplash666

Nobody? I have to go from BNC to RCA, and want to get the best, can't seem to find the Bryston cable anywhere.

schmidtmike76

Siltech line.  Nothing sounds as good as Siltech.  I’ve been up and down this path over and over again and nothing sounds as good as them. 

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
hi, wplash666!

try Aqvox. you can try the cable 4 weeks at home. you can return them if you don't like it. cables are important and it makes sense to compare.

happy listening,

al.

R. Daneel

Belden 1694A with Canare crimp-style RCA connectors is what Bryston uses I believe. You can buy it on eBay as well since this is a very popular connection. 1694A is one of the finest coax cables around.

wplash666

As a matter of fact I just received that very cable from Blue Jeans Cable, and I have to say it sounds better than anything I have used before.     
Belden 1694A

martydmnt

I use a Benchmark cable between my BDP-Pi and my B135-3. Reasonably priced and good quality.

R. Daneel

As a matter of fact I just received that very cable from Blue Jeans Cable, and I have to say it sounds better than anything I have used before.     
Belden 1694A

Sure, it is used by many manufacturers. Someone mendioted Benchmark Media Systems. I believe they use it as well. It is very well shielded and unlike many exotic cable brands, manufacturers like Belden provide detailed spec sheets on all electrical and mechanical characterics.

wplash666

I had the Benchmark cable , but I think I damaged it relocating my system, it didn't sound right. Ordered the Belden 1694A from Bluejeans cable. The Belden does  sound better than the Benchmark, good enough that I maybe through looking. Thank you for the responses.

Speedskater

• Kevin
Digital cables either:
a] work correctly
b] work intermittently or drop bits
c] don't work at all

soundmax

Hi,
In my opinion go for the Audioquest Diamond USB. It's their flagship cable made from pure silver.
It will get you close to the maximum performance available. Neutrality, low noise floor, organic and realistic timbre, great PRAT, stunning clarity are the qualities of these cables.
"Canare" are cheap and decent but don't come even close in terms of performance.
What I say results from direct experience and tests.
There are people who think that all digital cables sound the same - it's not, we are not stupid buying more expensive cables, although not worth it, I agree, but we hear a lot of differences.
Good luck!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
  There is NO BEST cable per say. There is though a synergy to be had with Bryston gear. First check out Bryston cables then look for one that has character that will compliment your system. Try try and try. Have fun.

charles

RDavidson

Anything designed by Chris Sommovigo (currently of Black Cat Cable) will be excellent if not the best available. He truly is THE MAN when it comes to precision 75 ohm digital coax cables.

I've used the industry standard Belden and Canare digital coax cables. They were fine, but then I decided to try one of Chris's designs, the Stereovox XV2. I've been a believer since then. The difference in musical information and detail was night and day. From there I continued to explore other models he designed, including the Black Cat Veloce and Silverstar MK1, and eventually landed on the Stereovox XV Ultra I still use today. The original Silverstar MK1 is EXCELLENT and a very refined cable. The Stereovox XV2 was a little more in your face and lacked subtlety in comparison. I can only imagine his new Silverstar MK2 being that much better than the MK1 and would be my first stop if I was looking to buy a new digital coax today irrespective of cost.

G E

Anything designed by Chris Sommovigo (currently of Black Cat Cable) will be excellent if not the best available. He truly is THE MAN when it comes to precision 75 ohm digital coax cables.

I've used the industry standard Belden and Canare digital coax cables. They were fine, but then I decided to try one of Chris's designs, the Stereovox XV2. I've been a believer since then. The difference in musical information and detail was night and day. From there I continued to explore other models he designed, including the Black Cat Veloce and Silverstar MK1, and eventually landed on the Stereovox XV Ultra I still use today. The original Silverstar MK1 is EXCELLENT and a very refined cable. The Stereovox XV2 was a little more in your face and lacked subtlety in comparison. I can only imagine his new Silverstar MK2 being that much better than the MK1 and would be my first stop if I was looking to buy a new digital coax today irrespective of cost.

Chris is the real deal.

https://blackcatcable.com/collections/digital-cables

Look him up and read about his research efforts to create a 75 ohm precision cable based on science.

I have a complete loom of his 32xx series analog cables. If I had anything better than a $95 Schiit dac, it would be connected with a black cat cable.

He has a number of videos that show him weaving his cables. The machinery looks out of a textile mill from the early 20th century. Check his website ir FB page to see them

Speedskater

• Kevin
"Look him up and read about his research efforts to create a 75 ohm precision cable based on science."
There is nothing special about the science, major cable companies have been making precision coax cables for three/fourths of a century.
Besides, digital audio is way low on the need for precision cable list.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Coax is a poor choice for S/PDIF.

Speedskater

• Kevin
and a good S/PDIF cable choice would be?

Chewbacca

Digital cables either:
a] work correctly
b] work intermittently or drop bits
c] don't work at all

This ^ If you guys think an expensive cable can make 'zeros and ones' sound better, or that it somehow changes the bits... feel free to spend the money.

Jon L

Coax is a poor choice for S/PDIF.

True, but S/PDIF is a poor choice for audio transmission, period  :cry: