Which A/C conditioner are you using / Alternatives to Bryston/Torus

R. Daneel

Hi folks!

I don't know if this thread even belongs to Bryston Audio Circle, but I am going to ask you anyway.

First let me say I have nothing against Bryston or Torus A/C power conditioners. It is just that they are extremely expensive in Croatia which is where I live.

So I am wondering if there are some good alternatives out there and which ones are you using. Keep in mind we use a 230V/50Hz grid here so only manufacturers who make compatible devices are of use to me.

My primary concern is protection and reliability, A/C cleaning comes second.

Thanks,
Antun

gbaby

Sorry, but you posted on the wrong forum. We are Bryston folks.  :|

GSDaudio

I'm not sure there is an alternative other than PSaudio which is even more expensive.   Perhaps, another industry such as medical power supplies???  Regardless,  I don't think there are any other purpose built toroidal options for audio out there....that said good luck in your search.   

Cheers

Phil A

I'm not sure anything will work against a full lightning strike.  If one is looking for surge protection probably an industrial surge protector might be the best solution (and I'm sure there are lots more items like this) - https://www.brickwall.com/collections/industrial-surge-protectors or https://shedheads.net/whole-house-surge-protectors     I do have whole house surge protection (consumer grade products) hich are located in the electrical interface box outside by the electric meter and over a period of 8 years a couple have bit the dust).  Still had some lightning damage almost 4 years ago.  I do have an old Torus RM20 when Bryston distributed them in the main system with my better two channel stuff plugged in (which just shut off when the lightning hit).  I have other surge protectors/power conditioners on secondary systems.