Sorry guys, supply issues and shipping delays are eating us up right now.

Danny Richie

Please hang in there. We are still having a really tough time getting raw materials in for everything right now.

We are out of 12 uf caps in the Erse poly caps and in Sonicaps and are unable to get more in. They are out and waiting on more their next shipments too.

So I ordered 100 of the Solen poly caps, to get us by, and they shipped out out on the 1st and still aren't here. What is up with the Canadian postal service right now? Follow along if you want: https://www.canadapost.ca/trackweb/en#/search?searchFor=CH007979012CA

I just reordered the same caps and resistors to be sent via our UPS account. Maybe they will get here sooner.

We are sold out of the 16 strand braiding speaker cable and hopefully the next spools of it will be here by the end of the week. They are being air freighted in. We've really been selling that stuff. I also ordered 1,000 meters of it and the 24 stranded cable that will be sent via ocean freight. So we are trying to load up on everything to minimize some of these delays.

The NQ woofers and more M-130 woofers are suppose to arrive mid Jan. I know those have been a long wait. Hang in there. They are coming.

New samples for the LGK 2.0 driver are coming too. It looks like they have nailed it this time. If these samples test as well as what they've showed me then they will knock out 1,000 of them for me, and will have those little giant killers back out there again.

Inductor orders have been slow all year as their manufacturing capacity at Erse has been cut significantly due to Covid. So we have been slowly stocking up ordering nearly 400 pounds of inductors at a time. We are in pretty good shape on them finally and have even more coming.

And we have been ordering 1,200 pounds of No Rez (big pallet load) at a time and reordering well before we even get into that pallet as time delays on that stuff have been really bad as the manufacturer also has a tough time getting in raw materials. We are good on it now though.

So sorry that some orders have taken a little longer to get out. We really can't help it. We have orders boxed up in here all over the place right now, just waiting on more parts to get here to be complete.

And we have brought in more staff and they are working out really well so far.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
A bummer to hear about the delays, but I'm glad youve gotten yourself some more help! To help make the process of shipping smoother, hopefully the delays dont press too much further into the next year.

But i know supply-chains in every industry the world over are struggling to meet demands with everything thats been going on this year.

Hopefully with the vaccine rolling out over the year so things will start returning to normal and regular restocks will be available again.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
No worries. Everybody is facing these same issues so I can't see anybody not understanding.

That's really good news on the LGK drivers. Those are awesome.

RonP

That's really good news on the LGK drivers. Those are awesome.

Yes Yes  :icon_lol:

Also, thanks for the general update, Danny

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
I have a set of cabinets built for a Flat 5 and a pair of Skinny 6s that I've been holding off finishing until the new drivers are available. This set is going to have tiger maple top and sides with walnut front and rear baffles. I can't wait  :green:

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
I have a set of cabinets built for a Flat 5 and a pair of Skinny 6s that I've been holding off finishing until the new drivers are available. This set is going to have tiger maple top and sides with walnut front and rear baffles. I can't wait  :green:

Those are gunna be great! I can't wait to see howcthey turn out!  :thumb:

Danny Richie

UPS just came through and delivered an order from Solen that shipped out on Monday. For those of you that don't know, they are in Canada. So some resistors and poly caps that we needed just arrived. That order was a repeat of the same order that we placed in November from Solen that was sent through the mail and we are still waiting for it.

Thanks UPS!

A large group of orders can now go out the door.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Thats great news!

Im glad that there's a bunch of orders that can go out the door now!

DigIndig

No apologies necessary - I think we all have been experiencing similar issues across the board. Glad you're getting some stuff in. I know personally I've had a few packages get delayed for no apparent reason (like one that should of been in my possession two days ago but instead appears to have had a mini-vacation in Georgia). On the other hand, I've had packages show up a week early "just because," so the only thing I count on right now is that the shipping date is about as accurate as the weather forecast: they're trying their best, but frankly, we're all guessing.

I've been waiting for my speakers since August, and I'm quite content to wait another month or two (or 3 or 4). I just got the NX-Otica flat pack from Jay, so I have a project to tide me over while I wait for the drivers and parts. I'm reply slow anyway, so whenever you do get the orders out, I likely still won't be done with the cabinets.

BGA

Thanks for the update Danny, as a Canadian I'd like to apologize for our Postal System, it really is hit and miss. There was issues in October and November shipping between US and Canada and they are getting killed with orders for Christmas season.

Like people have already said, not your fault, every industry is having issues with supply right now just part of the fun we call 2020.

emailtim

Seems to be a ubiquitous problem.  The last few power and hand tools I bought in 2020 I had to be put on email waiting lists.  When I finally got notifications, the vendor's websites were still out of stock and had to use the email click-through links to access the new stock.

Wish you and your employees all the best.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Sorry you're going through these delays Danny but am happy to hear I'm not the only one having difficulties getting parts. The last several months, about 20% of everything I need has been on backorder. Carriers are also backed up due to the pandemic and holiday season. Hope tbis isnt the new normal😁

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Sorry you're going through these delays Danny but am happy to hear I'm not the only one having difficulties getting parts. The last several months, about 20% of everything I need has been on backorder. Carriers are also backed up due to the pandemic and holiday season. Hope tbis isnt the new normal😁

Me as well. Parts, new gear sitting somewhere.

charles

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Obviously tbis is not only the audio industry. it's big inconvience for us and more importantly, our customers.

Danny Richie

Hey Bill,

Yeah, it isn't just industry wide, but almost all industries. I hope it doesn't become the new norm either.

We are trying to load up on everything to compensate for longer production times. But it is still making things really tough.

I bet we have 50 or 60 orders in here right now that are boxed up and ready to ship just waiting a part or two to complete the order.

It's driving me crazy. 

aabouna

Thank you for the update, Danny.

emailtim

I have had my eye on this DWP611 Dewalt Palm Router for a while and all of the big box and specialty stores have been out.  Rockler has posted a 3 month lead time.  This Dewalt and the equivalent Makita are popular spindles among DIY CNC router builds.  There is probably a lot more sequestered DIY work going on besides audio.

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
You are not alone, Danny.

The AKM factory burned to the ground in Japan recently.

This cut off the supply of their DAC chips and other electronic parts to everyone worldwide.

Affected are audio DACS, digital video and still cameras, automobile electronics, computers, and much more.

Our factory rep says no more AKM parts for at least a year.

Frank

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
I even have trouble getting veneer and supplies like buffing pads.

RonP

Any updates on Tube Connectors and LGKs?

:D

thanks