NFL 2020-2021

jjss49

Re: NFL 2020-2021
« Reply #60 on: 21 Dec 2020, 05:40 am »
nice to see belichick be an also ran... he is so cocky he can outcoach other coaches he thinks he can do it without top flight personnel... 

but for all the marbles i don't see anyone handling the chiefs... just toooooo good in all phases ... all others should pray for mahomes to get nicked up be way less than 100%, give them a chance

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #61 on: 21 Dec 2020, 11:55 am »
And to Letitroll98:  Your statement;  "Just remember, nobody in Pittsburgh celebrates division wins, only Superbowl victories" is well received.  One step at a time I suppose.  Been a while since the Bills have been this good.

I'm a fan of the game so I can appreciate how far the Bills have come.  And I like watching Mahomes and KC as well, a favorite to repeat.  We all have our team, or teams, that will always be primary in our fandom, but it doesn't mean we can't enjoy good football.  Except Dallas, everyone hates Dallas.  And the Patriots, everyone hates the Patriots.  And Baltimore isn't even a team, they're Cleveland, Baltimore's team is in the Midwest somewhere.  Which of course means we hate the Browns too.  And there's..... well, you get the idea, love for everyone in this holiday season, except for those stinkin' Giants.

twitch54

« Reply #62 on: 22 Dec 2020, 02:07 pm »
Steelers...... stick a fork in 'em ? worst offensive start in a game in 34 years last night, how a team that looked so good a month ago can look so bad now  ?

Sad news on the passing of Kevin Greene

FireGuy

« Reply #63 on: 22 Dec 2020, 03:06 pm »
Steelers...... stick a fork in 'em ? worst offensive start in a game in 34 years last night, how a team that looked so good a month ago can look so bad now  ?

Sad news on the passing of Kevin Greene

What's happening to Ben Roethlisberger?   Great abilities abate.  No different here.  Same for Brady...slighty deferred.

twitch54

« Reply #64 on: 23 Dec 2020, 06:40 pm »
Tasker's vid is spot on and visceral.  Especially for the Mafia.  Saw it on FB last night.  BTW my younger son taught Steve T.'s son in high school.  I've met him and talked with him on a few occasions.  Very polite and accommodating.    Good analogy with Pete Rose.  Fearless on the field and belongs in the HOF for his position hands down. 

well, you can now order the t-shirt ! .........

https://shoponebuffalo.com/collections/tasker-tee?utm_source=bills&utm_medium=email&utm_content=bills&utm_campaign=tasker-tee

ajzepp

« Reply #65 on: 25 Dec 2020, 03:20 pm »
Ive been a Bills fan since '85. In recent years there have been so many times where we came out of the gate strong, only to fizzle by mid-season and fade away into the pack. I think we finally got over the hump. McBeane have us set up for the long term, and I cant wait to see what we do in January...and who knows? Maybe February, too. Go Bills!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #66 on: 25 Dec 2020, 04:23 pm »
What's happening to Ben Roethlisberger?   Great abilities abate.  No different here.  Same for Brady...slighty deferred.

The idea in Pittsburgh is that he's hurt.  Two weeks ago there were rumors he wasn't going to start and Ben quickly tweeted out that he was playing.  Before the Cincinnati game he was asked again if he was injured and replied that everyone is injured in some way this time of year.  He can't make accurate deep throws and everyone knows it so the defenses are jumping every route and their weak run game is fully exposed.  The biggest mistake the Steelers have made is not drafting Jalen Hurts when he was on the board.  Hurts won't be a superstar, but he will be an effective backup that the Steelers could have turned to, currently they have the Duck.

jjss49

« Reply #67 on: 25 Dec 2020, 06:08 pm »
the way the steelers are built now they will go only as far as a healthy big ben will take em...

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #68 on: 27 Dec 2020, 04:56 pm »
The final 19 seconds of the Miami game were magical, and I'm not a loyal fan of either team.  A great game throughout marred by a very questionable PI call seemingly handing the game to the Raiders.  Then just desserts with the prayer thrown up by Fitzy to blown coverage and the most obvious facemask penalty of the season getting the fish close enough for a winning field goal.  Very satisfying for fans of the game who hate the NFL PI rules.  There has to be some solution between giving teams a free 60 yards and DBs mugging receivers to prevent touchdowns like in college.  Perhaps a cap on penalty yards?  Spot of the foul capped at 30 yards?  Other ideas?

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #69 on: 27 Dec 2020, 05:58 pm »
I finally get to see the mighty NY Football Giants play as they're about the to decimate the Ravens.
Maybe.
Hey, the Jets won, anything is possible.

jjss49

« Reply #70 on: 27 Dec 2020, 06:06 pm »
i like how the press and brady fanboys are all back on the bucs bandwagon after tampa bay shreds the jv detroit lions squad...   they are one and done in playoffs as soon as they play a real defense - they best pray that they draw the redskins er washington football team in wild card round...

rodge827

« Reply #71 on: 27 Dec 2020, 06:47 pm »
Looks like the nfc east is still a toss up? Too much math to figure but it’s still possible for the Iggles to take it! Crazy year! I have a standing $50 bet with my brother that the Iggles will finish ahead of the Cowgirls. Could never figure him out how does a kid who grows up in South Jersey be a Cowgirls fan? I think he got dropped a lot as a baby... :dunno:

JDoyle

« Reply #72 on: 27 Dec 2020, 08:31 pm »
The final 19 seconds of the Miami game were magical, and I'm not a loyal fan of either team.  A great game throughout marred by a very questionable PI call seemingly handing the game to the Raiders.  Then just desserts with the prayer thrown up by Fitzy to blown coverage and the most obvious facemask penalty of the season getting the fish close enough for a winning field goal.  Very satisfying for fans of the game who hate the NFL PI rules.  There has to be some solution between giving teams a free 60 yards and DBs mugging receivers to prevent touchdowns like in college.  Perhaps a cap on penalty yards?  Spot of the foul capped at 30 yards?  Other ideas?

I’m a Bills fan, but I luv Fitz! Agreed, the end of the game was great (and the second guessing that Chuckie didn’t go for the TD as opposed to the field goal !)

I also think that a 15 or 20 yard max is more than enough of a penalty... too many touchdowns are gifted

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #73 on: 28 Dec 2020, 02:33 am »
Props given where due. He does it every year.

Jeff_From_Michigan

« Reply #74 on: 28 Dec 2020, 03:14 pm »
Props given where due. He does it every year.

What a great photo!  I have been thinking this might be the year for the Saints, but watching last night reminded me of what a special season the Packers are having. The playoffs should be a lot of fun!

twitch54

« Reply #75 on: 28 Dec 2020, 03:41 pm »
Looks like the nfc east is still a toss up? Too much math to figure but it’s still possible for the Iggles to take it! Crazy year! I have a standing $50 bet with my brother that the Iggles will finish ahead of the Cowgirls. Could never figure him out how does a kid who grows up in South Jersey be a Cowgirls fan? I think he got dropped a lot as a baby... :dunno:

so, you giving him 2 twenties and a ten or one fifty dollar bill ??

twitch54

« Reply #76 on: 28 Dec 2020, 03:45 pm »
I’m a Bills fan

my condolences ........

FWIW, so am I !

I also think that a 15 or 20 yard max is more than enough of a penalty... too many touchdowns are gifted

yes and no, when a DB mugs a wide receiver(on a deep route) just so the ball can't be caught then the penalty fits IMO.

rodge827

« Reply #77 on: 28 Dec 2020, 03:46 pm »
Venmo!

Yeah I’m $50 lite for now it’s not the money as much as the trash talking  :argue: ouch!

twitch54

« Reply #78 on: 28 Dec 2020, 04:07 pm »
Venmo!

Yeah I’m $50 lite for now it’s not the money as much as the trash talking  :argue: ouch!

LOL, time to start praying for the Flyers !

rodge827

« Reply #79 on: 28 Dec 2020, 04:37 pm »

LOL, time to start praying for the Flyers !

:thumb: