Wireless router reccomendation

Emil

Wireless router reccomendation
« on: 2 Sep 2020, 06:31 pm »
Now that I have cut the cord with the cable company ( still using them for internet) my TV viewing is now Hulu steaming.

My current router has got to be over 10 years old and is located on the third floor.

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-N600-Wi-Fi-Router-WNDR3400/dp/B0041LYY6K/ref=sr_1_13?crid=24FS2K1QWV8L3&dchild=1&keywords=netgear+router&qid=1599070551&sprefix=netgear+router%2Caps%2C150&sr=8-13

The TV on the 2nd floor has a satisfactory picture but not as good as cable. My projector on the 1st floor is having trouble making internet connection.

I guess I could move the router to the 2nd floor but have a feeling its time to move up.

Any suggestions? fast enough for 4k? Budget under $200 and do I even need to spend that much?

Download speed is 200 mbps

Thanks in advance

srb

Re: Wireless router reccomendation
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2020, 07:02 pm »
I guess I could move the router to the 2nd floor but have a feeling its time to move up.
Both.

Unless you're going to a multi-router mesh setup, any single router you end up purchasing would likely give you better overall performance in the 2nd floor location, if it's logistically (or economically) feasible to do so.

Emil

Re: Wireless router reccomendation
« Reply #2 on: 2 Sep 2020, 07:12 pm »
Both.

Unless you're going to a multi-router mesh setup, any single router you end up purchasing would likely give you better overall performance in the 2nd floor location, if it's logistically (or economically) feasible to do so.

Just remembered that my current router (on the 3rd floor) is hardwired to my desktop. I dont think the desktop has Bluetooth.