What are your speaker cables?

Jprod

What are your speaker cables?
« on: 23 May 2020, 01:27 pm »
Hello. Just trying to see what everyone is using with their Spatials.  I went with the anticables 3.1 since they were being used to demo the spatials at the various shows. Since I just received my x5s and breaking them in I will reserve comment.  They seem good so far.  One negative for me is how stiff they are

What is everyone else using and what are the pros and cons of your cables ?

bbybaudio

Re: What are your speaker cables?
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2020, 01:37 pm »
I am using anticables level 5s on my X5s. Like them a lot. They replaced Audience Au24 SE cables.

gnatster

« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2020, 01:39 pm »
Canare 4S11 twisted pair on M3T speakers

bbybaudio

« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2020, 01:42 pm »
The audience cables were very good at everything. However I find the anticables more dynamic, voices more well defined and realistic. Imaging is a little better than the Audience cables. Negative, they do not seem to be shielded as well as the Audience cables. Since inserting them I get intermittent crackling sound coming through one of my speakers without any music on, and sometimes hear it with music at low levels. This is the speaker next to the wifi. I may need to move the wifi and router.

deadhead

« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2020, 01:53 pm »
Duelund 12 ga, no connectors.  Just bare wire on both ends.

loki7177

« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2020, 02:31 pm »
I switch between Kimber 8TC and Nordost White Lighting.  8TC is very neutral and great bass.  Nordost when I want airy and big soundstage.  Right now I am using a Primaluna integrated so the Nordost has better synergy.  When I use my Benchmark AHB2 I prefer the Kimber.  Trying to find a used pair of Nordost Heimdall 2 to upgrade to.

geerock

« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2020, 02:38 pm »
It took me many years to accept the whole cable benefit thing.  Met Paul Speltz of Anticables at an audio show.  I told him about my doubts about cables.  He told me to try some power cables and sold me them at a discount right then and there.  He said if I didn't like them to return for a full refund.  When I got them home I couldn't believe the dynamics and just general better sound I got.  It was obvious and immediate. And that was from power cables!  Needless to say, I called him the following week and ordered a couple more PC's and some speaker cables.  I've been a customer ever since.  I've tried different and more expensive cables over time but always go back to Anticables.  My entire system, including IC's are from Paul except for the Black Magic usb from Mad Scientist Audio for streaming into my DAC.  Anticables is one of the best buys in audio IMHO.  Right now I'm using the 3.1's for SC.  I even have his power cords connected to my X5's.  As for the stiffness of the speaker cables.....it comes in handy as if you shape them right it keeps them off the floor. 

Mike B.

« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2020, 02:53 pm »
My fairly expensive speaker cables are in storage. I use Duelund 12 gauge wire which Deadhead uses. I use a mild twisting of pairs and the bare wire termination also

Downtheline

« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2020, 03:04 pm »
Iconoclast TPC. huge improvement in sound stage and smoothness over Signal.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2020, 03:19 pm »
  Gents just remember one size does not fit all. All systems are different. Different source , different amp and so on. Try as many as you desire. Have fun trying.

charles

screener

« Reply #10 on: 23 May 2020, 03:32 pm »
Duelund 16g twisted with bare ends.

Birdbrain

« Reply #11 on: 23 May 2020, 03:51 pm »
Audio Sensibility Impact SE.

jseymour

« Reply #12 on: 23 May 2020, 05:26 pm »
Bare 10ga Western Electric to M3TM.

Manolo

• Consulting Structural Engineer
« Reply #13 on: 23 May 2020, 06:10 pm »
Jena Labs Twin 4

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #14 on: 23 May 2020, 06:19 pm »
I initially went with Anticables 3.1 when I was using my Krell Digital Vanguard. Then replaced my amp/pre with SPL Performer/Director combo. Found them a little harsh. Demoed SR Atmosphere and really love them so I definitely agree with rollo Charles they are system dependent.

morganc

« Reply #15 on: 23 May 2020, 11:13 pm »
I'm using bare WE Cable at the moment though would like to try Audio Envy and Audio Sensibility cables.

HanaEyes

« Reply #16 on: 24 May 2020, 12:31 am »
Triode wire labs American speaker cables for me. They replaced a pair of tellurium q ultra blacks (v1). Love twl them as they are super organic and transparent with deep textured bass. As all twl cables, these are really flexible. The only thing I'm not too much a fan of is their use of cardas spring bananas, which fit super tight in some terminals, but over time it can get loose.

Wonder how they stack up against the anti 3.1or 5.1

johnto

« Reply #17 on: 24 May 2020, 12:33 am »
I'm using Knukonceptz 8 guage with their bananas from Pass to Maggie's.

aniwolfe

« Reply #18 on: 24 May 2020, 01:59 pm »
If you want to take the Duelund wire to another level. Convert them into the Helix DIY design. I am currently using them and its shockingly good...like better than big buck cables. Here is a link > http://www.image99.net/blog/files/category-002ahelix-image-speaker-cable.html

ric

« Reply #19 on: 25 May 2020, 01:40 pm »
Thanks for the link!