Rock Ball's NX-Tremes build

subsonic1050

Re: Rock Ball's NX-Tremes build
« Reply #80 on: 1 Jun 2021, 06:33 pm »
Rockball - I'm waiting on parts for 2 pairs of NX-Treme's (one for myself and one for a friend/relative). I can't wait to get started on them and hear what everyone raves about! In the meantime I've been working on 2 pairs of triple servo subs which are almost done. Should be a great combination!

Out of curiosity, what did you have for speakers before and how would you compare them to the NX-treme's?

Rock Ball

« Reply #81 on: 1 Jun 2021, 07:54 pm »
Rockball - I'm waiting on parts for 2 pairs of NX-Treme's (one for myself and one for a friend/relative). I can't wait to get started on them and hear what everyone raves about! In the meantime I've been working on 2 pairs of triple servo subs which are almost done. Should be a great combination!

Out of curiosity, what did you have for speakers before and how would you compare them to the NX-treme's?

It sounds like your path is the same as mine.  I built the triple servo subs first while I waited for the cabinets for the NX-Tremes. 

My original speakers were custom made by Philip Bamberg (BESL).  They look just like the top portion (tweeter and midrange cabinet) of his larger speakers: 
http://bambergaudio.com/products/series5/5tmw.php

I thought the BESLs sounded very good but were small for the room, even with my infinite baffle (IB) sub system.  Replacing the IB sub with the two triple servo subs was a huge improvement, but the big surprise was how much better the BESLs sounded with them.

When I finished the NX-Tremes, there was no comparison.  It was such a huge leap for my system.  Now all my upgrades involve other components in my system.  The NX-Tremes allow me to hear small differences in tweaks that I never was able to hear before.

subsonic1050

« Reply #82 on: 2 Jun 2021, 02:04 pm »
Rock Ball - well you certainly have me even more excited to get mine finished! I was wanting to wait until I had everything done to try out the subs, but I know I'll be too excited to wait. They will have to pair with my Maggie's for a month or 2 before the final pairing comes together.

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #83 on: 8 Jun 2021, 11:14 am »
Rock Ball. Your setup is simply amazing. Enough said