Loving the new BDP-3!

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Loving the new BDP-3!
« Reply #180 on: 6 Jun 2021, 03:09 am »
I suspect there's some simple software adjustment I haven't made, but I cannot get the USB outputs on my BDP-3 (both of them, actually!) to output any signal.

The USB DAC I've been trying has meters which tell me that no signal is being received from any of the USB outputs of the BDP-3.

The BNC-S/PDIF and XLR-AES digital outputs work perfectly on both units.

Any guidance or tips on resolving this curious problem would be much appreciated!

TIA, Joel.

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/Manic%20Moose%20Manual.pdf

See page 15

dubkarma

• "God made man because he loves stories." - Canetti
« Reply #181 on: 6 Jun 2021, 07:20 pm »
Many thanks for this. Now I've got the USB output working.

Now, however, the AES and S/PDIF outputs have stopped working, so I still can't compare USB digital output to the older protocols.

Back the manual, I guess.

dubkarma

« Reply #182 on: 10 Jun 2021, 06:46 pm »
Still can't get any output from AES or S/PDIF.

It has occurred to me that perhaps the BDP-3 does not permit both USB and AES/SPDIF to be active at the same time.

On the other hand, if that were the case, you'd think it would be mentioned in the manuals. . .

On to Bryston Technical Support, I guess. . .

gbaby

« Reply #183 on: 10 Jun 2021, 08:17 pm »
Still can't get any output from AES or S/PDIF.

It has occurred to me that perhaps the BDP-3 does not permit both USB and AES/SPDIF to be active at the same time.

On the other hand, if that were the case, you'd think it would be mentioned in the manuals. . .

On to Bryston Technical Support, I guess. . .

All digital outputs on the BDP3 work simultaneously. I have my BDP-3 connected to a BDA-3 as well as the SP3 using different digital outputs.

dubkarma

« Reply #184 on: 10 Jun 2021, 11:10 pm »
That's what I assumed—and continue to assume: that the BDP-3 outputs on BNC, XLR and USB simultaneously.

Mine doesn't.

My further assumption has been that the least likely explanation is a defect in the BDP-3 I purchased. Not impossible, of course, but I've had many Bryston components since I got my first 4B amp 30 years ago, and none has ever malfunctioned.

If that second assumption is correct, then there's some software setting that I have failed to implement that is preventing the BPD-3 from having all three types of digital outputs active at the same time.

Problem is I can't figure out, from the BDP-3 manual or the Manic Moose manual, what software adjustment has to be made to achieve that.

gbaby

« Reply #185 on: Yesterday at 12:39 am »
That's what I assumed—and continue to assume: that the BDP-3 outputs on BNC, XLR and USB simultaneously.

Mine doesn't.

My further assumption has been that the least likely explanation is a defect in the BDP-3 I purchased. Not impossible, of course, but I've had many Bryston components since I got my first 4B amp 30 years ago, and none has ever malfunctioned.

If that second assumption is correct, then there's some software setting that I have failed to implement that is preventing the BPD-3 from having all three types of digital outputs active at the same time.
Problem is I can't figure out, from the BDP-3 manual or the Manic Moose manual, what software adjustment has to be made to achieve that.

Email Chris and he can fix your issue remotely. Everytime, I had an issue with my BDP3, it was user error.