Welborne Labs??

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Welborne Labs??
« on: 25 Oct 2010, 12:06 pm »
Hi:

Does anyone know something about Welborne Labs?  I have emailed them twice about some interest in their products and have gotten no reply.  This has been over the span of 2 weeks. 

Thanks,

Randy

Phil A

Re: Welborne Labs??
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2010, 12:25 pm »
Hi:

Does anyone know something about Welborne Labs?  I have emailed them twice about some interest in their products and have gotten no reply.  This has been over the span of 2 weeks. 

Thanks,

Randy

If you go over the discless circle, you'll note there are a few comments about them.  I'll see if I can locate the thread for you.  I found them very responsive as I wanted to see if I could use the Squeezebox Touch power supply for my HDMI Audio De-Embedder (which I can).  Then they double charged me and would not answer me so I got credit from the credit card company and they have done it to others as well.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2010, 12:27 pm »

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2010, 12:33 pm »
Hmmmm...  sorry to hear about your experience with W.L.'s.  Too bad as they have a 20% sale going in regards to their Power Supply kits for the SB Duet.  I was interested in DIY'ing a Power Supply for the Boxed HiFace MKII that I just received from John Kenny.  It calls for a 9v output which the Duet also calls for.  It looked like a very good deal.

Thanks for the information.

Randy

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2010, 12:59 pm »
Hmmmm...  sorry to hear about your experience with W.L.'s.  Too bad as they have a 20% sale going in regards to their Power Supply kits for the SB Duet.  I was interested in DIY'ing a Power Supply for the Boxed HiFace MKII that I just received from John Kenny.  It calls for a 9v output which the Duet also calls for.  It looked like a very good deal.

Thanks for the information.

Randy

They have had that 20% off sale for a few months.  When I first E-Mailed them and they were being responsive, I asked how long the 20% sale would be going on and they replied until the coming weekend.  That was a few months ago.  I am not sure if they are still doing it but they actually expanded it to include a free power cord (not that I care I make my own).  I thought about writing to them (to haggle one out of them) after they pulled their crap with the double charge but decided life is too short and I know what they would send would not be something I'd care about.  Several others have reported the same double charge on the other thread.  I like the power supply but I would not order from them again. 

I'm an easy customer, but I like to be treated fairly.  Once I see something not quite right I go elsewhere.  For example I ordered some limited edition discs from a vendor with an ad on Audiocircle and confirmed they had one I wanted and paid for 3 of them on June 24 and they were to be held until the other 2 were released around the end of August.  On Aug. 10 (or 11) the vendor indicated there were still some available (some 6 weeks after I paid for them).  When I sent a follow-up I was told they could get no more of the disc I paid for on June 24 and were going (not immediately via Paypal as I paid and not even a check right away - they were going to take there good old time when the rest of the order was available) to eventually send me a check.  I found the disc elsewhere and am happy with the source and don't need to support people who don't give proper and ethical customer service.

I like my Power Supply but I've seen enough and there's no chance I'd order from them again.  Not only is Welbourne unresponsive, their preferred method of communication is via E-Mail and they don't have a listed phone.  So there is just one means for communicating and they are to say the least not the best at it.

doctorcilantro

« Reply #5 on: 20 Dec 2010, 09:06 pm »
I dug up a number listed on the WhoisIP and a woman answered and sort of seemed like she may have been Gale? who works there but denied it was Wellborne Labs.

I like my PSU but same here, they never responded to my emails about a loose connector they built for my Zodiac+ PSU which barely works.

jaywills

« Reply #6 on: 20 Dec 2010, 09:28 pm »
I got one of their power supplies for a Squeezebox a couple of years ago.  Nice piece, but Welborne's customer service, such as it was, has kept me from considering any of their other products.  IIRC, I was at the point of making threats of legal action before they finally shipped it to me months after it was ordered.  I shop a fair amount on the internet and this was the only experience like this I've ever had.