Exodus??

seanmcd

Exodus??
« on: 16 Jan 2004, 02:36 pm »
Are they ever going to be available?  I'm speaking of the mains that yse the PE cabinets.

Kevin P

• http://www.diycable.com
Exodus??
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2004, 05:54 pm »
Sorry for the delay.

What is holding us up?

#1.  The drivers have taken longer to source than we ever would have expected.  The 6.5" we showed at CES has 11-12mm of excursion and is ruler flat out past 5K so it is better than anything on the market in terms of measured performance.   We have a couple more changes to the driver to make and get one more set of drivers to measure before we go to production.   The final result should be the most linear midrange driver on the market.   Push this sucker right up to its limit and you should get very low distortion (until you go over the edge of that BL plateau).   In addition we are going to be getting full range performance out of the 1.0 ft^3 PE enclosure with relatively high efficiency.  Our prototype unit measured at 93db/1W/1M.

#2.  We are in tweeter limbo.   The Arum Cantus we started out wanting to use became unavailable to us in our price bracket.  As a result we have had to search for another tweet.  

#3.  Dan Wiggins is answering too much email.  Don't email him!  :)

I'm expecting an ETA mid 2004 at this time.  I'll give updates, as we get closer to production.