Exodus Product Updates

Kevin Haskins

• http://www.diycable.com
Exodus Product Updates
« on: 18 Aug 2008, 08:59 pm »
Ok... I've been busy at the end of summer.   Both personal and business things have kept me running around.

Updates:

• The finished Exodus Subs based upon the Maelstrom-X are looking superb.  The cabinets are CNC cut, and then hand assembled in the USA.    The combination veneer/paint finish is incredible.    I'm waiting to get my cabinets so I can take some marketing pictures but overall the build quality is as good as it gets.    The sealed version is tipping the scale at 130lbs and I expect the PR version to hit 160-170lbs each.    Needless to say they are only going to ship via freight carriers.   

EX-M18-Sealed:   $1400 Shipped! (you still need an amp, recommended solution is the Velodyne SC-1250 ($950 with sub), or a big pro-sound amp (F1200-TS $850) or if you are on a budget, I'm stocking the Dayton 1000W rack-mount amps for $425 each.   

Total damage for a superbly crafted sealed sub, room measurement setup, and complete parametric EQ tools, $2350.00 which gets it delivered to the nearest loading dock.   Residential delivery via a liftgate will bump the price.   

EX-M18-PR:   $1700 Shipped!  It can be amplified by a number of solutions.   The above Velodyne solution won't work due for the need for a subsonic filter.   We recommend using the SMS-1 along with a big pro-audio amplifier for maximum performance.    Expect total solutions for $2500-$3000 (which includes room measurement tools & PEQ AND shipping).   

These subs while big by little 12" & 15" subwoofer standards, are not refrigerator sized by any means.   We fit two sealed ones on a pallet and they don't dominate a room.   The PR version will be another inch wider, another 1.5" deeper and about 4" taller.    Overall while larger, it is significantly smaller than something like the Epik Conquest, should offer comparable output and feature room measurement/EQ capability to boot.   
  •   Velodyne SMS-1 & SC-1250 amplifier/DSP are now available with any subwoofer system.   The SMS-1 is about $600 and the SC-1250 is $950.   They give us some additional flexibility for subwoofer packages. 
  • The PR-18 & PR-15 have landed.   I'll be updating the site with pictures and specs as time permits.   Price on the PR-15 is $90 each, which includes the mass kit which consist of 100g steel disc to mass the unit anywhere from resting mass to 1800g.

Price on the PR-18 is $110 each and includes the same mass kit.

Expect them to go retail on the site within the next 30 days.