best glue for spider to basket. Help!!!

arv

best glue for spider to basket. Help!!!
« on: 7 Aug 2008, 04:32 am »
Blu ray killed my sub! the spider partially came off the basket when it bottomed out. Luckily about half of it is still intact so I don't have to worry about alignment.

What is the best glue to use to secure the spider to the metal basket.It's an Adire Shiva.

If this drver still works then i'll just have to build a new box for my shiva-x!

Thanks!
Arv

penderaudio

Re: best glue for spider to basket. Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: 8 Aug 2008, 01:49 pm »
Hey Arv, the easiest way to fix that issue would be to get some ( CA Glue w/ Activator ) from a hobbie shop. Do a test run on some scrap just to see how the glue works.  Be careful not to let too much of the glue seep to far into the spider!

Good luck!

hayden

« Reply #2 on: 9 Aug 2008, 04:13 am »
I've worked with various companies/designers and they have suggested 30 minute two-part epoxy.  I have used it multiple times on some serious subs and it worked perfectly.

JP

Brandon B

« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2008, 06:59 pm »
CA glue seems to grow brittle over not-very-long time frames.  I would lean towards something more flexible like the epoxy.  Another good glue is a type called methacrylate, sold under the brand names plexus, and plastic weld or something like that at Home Depot.  It is a two part like epoxy.  Has really nasty fumes though, so do it outdoors with good ventilation if you go that route.