Dental Insurance?

Folsom

Dental Insurance?
« on: 5 Mar 2016, 05:31 pm »
Anyone know good companies for this?

drmike

Re: Dental Insurance?
« Reply #1 on: 5 Mar 2016, 05:50 pm »
delta dental . 40 years in the trenches.
drmike

Don_S

« Reply #2 on: 5 Mar 2016, 06:42 pm »
Folsom,

Do you have a favorite dentist?  If so ask them what plans they accept and recommend.

I have been with Delta for probably 15 years. I think the premiums are high and there are a some things they do not cover. But that may just be the plan my retirement offers. They have never denied me service for covered treatments including gum surgery.

Why do I stay with them if I think the premiums are high?  It is because the lower cost carrier I used previously also used lower cost (read that talent) dentists. The caliber of dentist I was able to choose from was much better with Delta. I tried several dentists with the lower cost policy. At the time I switched to Delta I also chose another dentist not available on the previous policy.  I still go to that office 15 years later.  The daughter took over her father's practice when he retired.  Great service. Big smile. :green:

Folsom

« Reply #3 on: 5 Mar 2016, 06:46 pm »
Unfortunately I don't know any dentists since I just moved. I'd prefer a good one since my teeth are mostly interested in betrayal.

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 5 Mar 2016, 07:21 pm »
Unfortunately I don't know any dentists since I just moved. I'd prefer a good one since my teeth are mostly interested in betrayal.

I'd look at places like healthgrades.com and yelp.com for customer ratings.  Then look at dentists in the vicinity and what insurance plans they take.