BCD-1 Break-In Hours?

CodyRed

BCD-1 Break-In Hours?
« on: 11 Mar 2009, 08:56 pm »
How many hours have you guys found it takes for the BCD-1 to be fully broken in?

Thanks

drummermitchell

Re: BCD-1 Break-In Hours?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2009, 02:25 am »
Hi,for me I would just play it as I normally would,then when I would watch tv or go to bed,
I'd put the BCD-1 on repeat disc and turn the vol.way down to almost nothing and let her play all night
and day for about a week.Of course I'd turn her up if I wanted to listen to music.
I guess that would add up to a hundred hrs. or so.I run her using the BCD-1s analog outs into my prepro
analog in.She's a killer CDP,hope that helps you out.

CodyRed

« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2009, 11:47 am »
Thanks Drummer, just bought the player on the 'Gon and inserted in my system.  When I asked the previous owner if it was broken in yet he said, "no, not really." When I asked how many hours the BCD-1  had on it he said "less than 100." Of course, now that the BCD-1 is in my system after shipping and moving cables around, everything will need time to settle in. I'm wanting to know from other owners when they felt the player was fully broken in. It's been playing on repeat since I put it in my system.

rob80b

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2009, 01:17 pm »
Hi CodyRed,

I could not say that mine has changed at all from first listen, or at least not that I've noticed and I've had the BCD-1 since last fall.

Robert

drummermitchell

« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2009, 01:38 pm »
Hi Cudyred,ever since I've had my BCD-1 or my amps,Pre,ect,Iv'e always had them left on(no standby),
I believe the utilitie company likes me or thinks I have grow op :lol:.ENJOY.

CodyRed

« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2009, 01:45 pm »
Hi Drummer, same here. I leave all my gear powered up 24/7, as will the BCD-1.

1ZIP

« Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2009, 05:44 pm »
CodyRed;

I've had mine since just before Christmas and I haven't noticed a change.  But if changes were subtle over time I probably would not have noticed.

drummermitchell

« Reply #7 on: 13 Mar 2009, 02:53 am »
If memory is correct  the BCD-1 sounded a bit unsettled(maybe abit bright and edgy(sounds like me).
I also know even when she didn't have any hours on her she sounded more involving, than some way  higher
priced cdp.That's what sold me, she was better to my ears than the 8500.00 cdp I auditioned and that's the one I really wanted,Totally content.