Where is everybody?

predrag

Re: Where is everybody?
« Reply #20 on: 6 Mar 2009, 05:21 pm »
Hi Alexone,

Wish I could help you but I am no expert in TT´s.
Try in Vinyl circle.

Cheers!

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #21 on: 6 Mar 2009, 06:21 pm »
 ok. will give it a try. :wink:

thanks,

al.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #22 on: 6 Mar 2009, 08:28 pm »
Very cool system, predrag!  8)

I just have the BP6P and the 4BSST. Not quite as good looking as yours, but simple yet effective!

How do you like the BP 1.5?

Hi Vegasdave,

I traded in 4BSST when buying 7BSST. I didn´t know I was going to get the squared ones in December! Bryston thank you once again!
In fact for normal listening at home 4BSST is just the right measure. I was happy with mine!
BP 1.5 is a fine piece of gear! I had for one month in my room Rega P5 turntable with Exact cartridge.
I decided to wait and in future take P9. So, BP1.5 is now unfortunately collecting dust.

Yeah, that must have been very cool to get the squared versions.

Thanks for letting me know about the BP 1.5. I have the MM input in my BP6, and it never fails to amaze me.

werd

« Reply #23 on: 8 Mar 2009, 01:06 am »
Hello Werd,

I just joined Audio Circles today, with a slight push from the one & only Mr. James Tanner. I recently found this Bryston Owners circle by accident in november of last year. Better late than never. Didn't even know it existed. Glad I found it. Werd, my history with Bryston amplifiers is as follows:
(1.) Bryston 4B-ST 10+ years ago after a few different amps for a period of about 1 year.
(2.) Upgraded to Bryston 4B-SST
(3.) Upgraded to Bryston 14B-SST
(4.) Upgraded to Bryston 14B-SST2 in January

I agree with your positive comments completely, especially with noise floor being absent. I seek neutrality & I have never been disappointed, not one bit with my BRYSTON equipment. I probably will remain a loyal BRYSTON customer, as long as BRYSTON keeps developing the goodies!
Thank you BRYSTON, the other loyal BRYSTON owners, & THANK YOU MR. JAMES TANNER, for the few chats we have had over the last few years.
Audiophilist-(Mitch G.) :thumb: :D 

Nice upgrades, looks like u have kept on top of things over the years. 8)

audiophilist

« Reply #24 on: 8 Mar 2009, 01:34 am »
I have been fortunate in that dealer offered me great trade-in value, as well as aggressive pricing for the 3 out of 4 transactions. I was able to sell 14B-SST @ AG site, again for a great price. Actually to a gentleman in Canada, my first deal outside the United States. The name BRYSTON seems to hold its own in the audiophile market. Why shouldn't it?
Great products, Great warranty, Great Service... BRYSTON synergy with my other equipment works wonders for these 55 year old ears. As soon as I read about upcoming SST2, on this site I might add, I made my move. I can't wait for my next BRYSTON upgrade. Maybe the magicians at BRYSTON are reading my mind as to next generation BP-26?? :icon_lol:

Oh how I love my music! :D

werd

« Reply #25 on: 9 Mar 2009, 05:24 pm »
check out my bryston zebra stack, its not the kinda photo predrag has but it suits me fine.

alexone

« Reply #26 on: 9 Mar 2009, 06:41 pm »
hi, Werd!

the BDA looks good in black! how come that you have zebra style? :D

al.

werd

« Reply #27 on: 9 Mar 2009, 07:45 pm »
hi, Werd!

the BDA looks good in black! how come that you have zebra style? :D

al.

Hey Al

my 4bsst used to be silver but i sold it to make way for the 4bsq. At around the same time i bought my bda. I purchased my bda in black and thought it would kinda kewl to have a black 4b also. Just wanted to change it up a bit and had  the oppurtunity to.

alexone

« Reply #28 on: 9 Mar 2009, 07:59 pm »
Werd,

the good thing about beeing a Brystoneer is that we can change the faceplate's colour if we want to. i like that! maybe i should go for black in the future? hmmmm....

may the sound be with you! :green:

al.

alexone

« Reply #29 on: 9 Mar 2009, 08:23 pm »
Thank you for your compliments dear Brystons coleagues!
Recently my four HiFi friends and myself had a session where we wanted to get the answer what plays better:
a)System shown in my photo hereabove:
    iPOD + Wadia transport 170i + BDA1  (connected via digital cable)
    (iPOD played losless format)
OR
b) BCD1
It was a blind A/B test where we had to guess what plays at the moment.
It was very hard to distinguish one from the other and the result was only around 60% correct answers.
Note: If one guessed even without listening theoretically he could have 50% correct answers!
So, at the end our unanimous conclusion was: there is very little or no difference and that a good D/A converter is what really makes it play music.
I was resisting to let this digital disease into my listening room for a year or two but now...
Well, this iPOD toy has 160Gb what means about 500 albums in losless accessible within few seconds - very covenient!
Our local dealer and friend has been present at our session and is now offering iPOD+Wadia 170i+BDA1 as a set with some price advantage compared to individual components.
Throughout the last two years I have been following with great interest introduction of BCD1 then BDA1 and now SST sqared amps.
It is obvious that James and others from Bryston had a good vision of how things are going to develop!
Everybody involved in this hobby has heard of new Brystons digital components and I feel priviledged to have them at home!
Look at the cover page of Stereophile and HiFi Choice it is Brystons all over cover pages like never before - incredible!

@werd: I live in Zagreb - Croatia - SE Europe

@drummermitchell: what do ya think why are my components all in the same grey/silver colour. In natural sciences they call it - mimicry.  :lol:

hi, Predrag!

first of all: cool system! i think that the digital cable from the Wadia into the BDA is pretty long given the distance between these two components. have you ever tried a shorter one? and if so........did you notice a difference?

al.

werd

« Reply #30 on: 9 Mar 2009, 08:26 pm »
Thank you for your compliments dear Brystons coleagues!
Recently my four HiFi friends and myself had a session where we wanted to get the answer what plays better:
a)System shown in my photo hereabove:
    iPOD + Wadia transport 170i + BDA1  (connected via digital cable)
    (iPOD played losless format)
OR
b) BCD1
It was a blind A/B test where we had to guess what plays at the moment.
It was very hard to distinguish one from the other and the result was only around 60% correct answers.
Note: If one guessed even without listening theoretically he could have 50% correct answers!
So, at the end our unanimous conclusion was: there is very little or no difference and that a good D/A converter is what really makes it play music.
I was resisting to let this digital disease into my listening room for a year or two but now...
Well, this iPOD toy has 160Gb what means about 500 albums in losless accessible within few seconds - very covenient!
Our local dealer and friend has been present at our session and is now offering iPOD+Wadia 170i+BDA1 as a set with some price advantage compared to individual components.
Throughout the last two years I have been following with great interest introduction of BCD1 then BDA1 and now SST sqared amps.
It is obvious that James and others from Bryston had a good vision of how things are going to develop!
Everybody involved in this hobby has heard of new Brystons digital components and I feel priviledged to have them at home!
Look at the cover page of Stereophile and HiFi Choice it is Brystons all over cover pages like never before - incredible!

@werd: I live in Zagreb - Croatia - SE Europe

@drummermitchell: what do ya think why are my components all in the same grey/silver colour. In natural sciences they call it - mimicry.  :lol:

hi, Predrag!

first of all: cool system! i think that the digital cable from the Wadia into the BDA is pretty long given the distance between these two components. have you ever tried a shorter one? and if so........did you notice a difference?

al.

Hey al

1.5 mtrs on coax sounds the best, recommended by Steve nugent and i think it has to do with reflection.