Product Line Changes - New LDR3000P.V25 Passive Preamp

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Handcrafted high performance audio
    • Tortuga Audio
Hi All,

After releasing our new LDR3000T.V25 Hybrid Tube Preamp last month we've been busy ramping up production on that model as well as making decisions on where we go from here. As a result we are making the following changes to our product line effective immediately.

Retirements - The LDRxB.V25 Balanced Passive Preamp ($2695) and the LDR1B.V25 ($1895) Balanced Passive Preamp are now both retired

Replacement Model -  Both of the above models are effectively being replaced by a new single model, the LDR3000P.V25 Passive Preamp ($1995). The LDR3000P is a passive version of our newest LDR3000T tube preamp. Just like the LDR3000T, the LDR3000P accommodates 3 balanced inputs and also 3 RCA inputs thus it's a flexible balanced passive preamp that handles single-ended as well. It actually handles more inputs than the old LDRxB for $700 less and a heck of lot more inputs than the LDR1B for only $100 more.

More info on the new LDR3000P Passive Preamp can be found here. https://www.tortugaaudio.com/products/passive-preamps/ldr3000p-v25-passive-preamp/

timoteus

Re: Product Line Changes - New LDR3000P.V25 Passive Preamp
« Reply #1 on: 8 Nov 2019, 01:08 am »
Just curious if you're going to be offering this new passive in kit form in the near future.

I definitely like your choice of the classic landscape style chassis vs the portrait style chassis in your current kits.  That's how I build all my components including the V1 Tortuga preamp from years ago I'm looking to replace.

Great product with loads of trick features!

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Handcrafted high performance audio
    • Tortuga Audio
Re: Product Line Changes - New LDR3000P.V25 Passive Preamp
« Reply #2 on: 8 Nov 2019, 04:56 pm »
Just curious if you're going to be offering this new passive in kit form in the near future.

I definitely like your choice of the classic landscape style chassis vs the portrait style chassis in your current kits.  That's how I build all my components including the V1 Tortuga preamp from years ago I'm looking to replace.

Great product with loads of trick features!

Had not considered a kit version of the LDR3000P but will give it some thought. My biggest concern is that there are aspects of this build that needs a very hot solder iron for soldering the heavy ground lugs on the Cardas jacks to the interface PCB. The PCB does not currently have thermals so soldering can be challenging since you're soldering onto a large heat sink of copper. Most kit builders will likely run into problems with this. We have a special big heavy and hot iron we use to overcome this. A future revision of the interface board may make this much easier and more practical for the casual DIYer.