Niteshade Audio LH-1 Cable Review- Did you read it?

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
Niteshade Audio LH-1 Cable Review- Did you read it?
« on: 21 Sep 2010, 10:22 pm »
Here it is:  http://www.affordableaudio.org/aa2010-08.pdf

The LH-1 interconnects are designed to be an affordable alternative to super-expensive cables. They feature 100% shielding, copper conductors, solid brass RCA plugs and a very tough jacket that resists mechanical strain and abrasions.

Any questions? I'll be happy to answer them!

Mariusz

Re: Niteshade Audio LH-1 Cable Review- Did you read it?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2010, 11:52 pm »
Did not read it.  But those are fine cables.  I mean it. 
People should hear these in their own setup.

Very nice (excellent) soundstage and micro-dynamics.  Transparent and not in the way of music would be my short description of LH-1 interconnects.

Guy 13

« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2010, 02:12 am »
Here it is:  http://www.affordableaudio.org/aa2010-08.pdf

The LH-1 interconnects are designed to be an affordable alternative to super-expensive cables. They feature 100% shielding, copper conductors, solid brass RCA plugs and a very tough jacket that resists mechanical strain and abrasions.

Any questions? I'll be happy to answer them!
Hi Blair.
Do you make those interconnects yourself or are they made for you by an OEM ?
In what standard lenght do they come ?
Can we get them custom made to our desired lenght ?
How much would it cost for 50cm/24" ?
Do you have a silver version ?
If yes, what's the price ?
Later on, will you have OFC speaker cables as well ?
I am now using interconnects and speaker cables from Signal Audio (USA) because the boyfriend of my wife's niece hand carry them to me (Transport & custom free of charge) when he visited his girl friend (My niece).
Also, the sales person at Signal Audio was super friendly and for me, that's very important.
Guy 13.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2010, 11:39 am »
Our 4ft (1.22m) cables are $145.00 and the 6ft (1.83m) version is $200.00.

These cables are hand made by myself. I have been making cables since junior high for CB and HAM use.  That reminds me of something- I should post some photos of my early projects. My power supply that won first place in 5th grade is still working like a charm as is the huge 12V model that won me first place in 4H. Will look for some early cable examples too.

I can make cables to any desired length. Speaker cables will be coming along shortly. I am still looking for some good cable and ends for this project. They will be custom made as well.

As far as silver goes- maybe.  :D  It's hard to beat high quality copper for performance.

A question: Does anybody use ground straps between their equipment? I.e.: A strap between amp & preamp.

Almost forgot: A 2ft LH-1 set is $80.00.

Guy 13

« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2010, 12:08 pm »
Our 4ft (1.22m) cables are $145.00 and the 6ft (1.83m) version is $200.00.

These cables are hand made by myself. I have been making cables since junior high for CB and HAM use.  That reminds me of something- I should post some photos of my early projects. My power supply that won first place in 5th grade is still working like a charm as is the huge 12V model that won me first place in 4H. Will look for some early cable examples too.

I can make cables to any desired length. Speaker cables will be coming along shortly. I am still looking for some good cable and ends for this project. They will be custom made as well.

As far as silver goes- maybe.  :D  It's hard to beat high quality copper for performance.

A question: Does anybody use ground straps between their equipment? I.e.: A strap between amp & preamp.

Hi Blair.
Thanks for the prices.
I paid for a pair of 20" long OFC interconnects from Signal Audio only 36USD/pair, however, according to the picture you have posted, yours look much more sturdy and more professional, it's especially true fro the connectors.
If your interconnects are more than two times the price of Signal Audio, it's probably because Signal Audio produce them in very large quantity ? Maybe by batches of 100 at the time ?
From 36USD/pair for OFC interconnects to 139USD/pair for silver interconnect, that's almost four times the price. Do they sound four times better ? I think not, maybe 20% better at the most 50% better, but you still have to pay four times more to get a little more... Not for me, thanks you.
Guy 13.

Mariusz

« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2010, 12:44 pm »

I am curious if you would like to participate in cable shoot out.  The only requirement is - priced under $100.  Not sure what length would that be in your calculation? If you are up for it, please let me know. 
It will happen most likely before the end of the year.
General idea is to evaluate 5-7 different interconnects in at least two different systems. 

After short period with your cables I believe your interconnects have pretty good shot.

Best
Mariusz

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #6 on: 22 Sep 2010, 12:51 pm »
I don't see why not!

I will be coming out with a less expensive cable before long or a 3ft LH-1 could be bade for under $145.00.

Mariusz

« Reply #7 on: 22 Sep 2010, 01:09 pm »
Super
I'll place your product on the list.
There are at least few other manufacturers which will participate in this event. Price was sensibly set in the spirit of cheap and cheerful circle.

(BTW- we will also try to organizer power cord and speaker cable shoot out)

Ones the arrangements are made and date set I will make the announcement in my circle.

Best
Mariusz