Father/son or parent /child audio projects

borism

Father/son or parent /child audio projects
« on: 3 Dec 2019, 02:34 am »
A few years ago I posted about speaker and sub building projects when my son was in college.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=139584.0

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=144835.0

Well, time flies and he has graduated, gotten a job some distance away and has moved into his first apartment. His original system including the Fusion Alchemy 8 speakers by the DIY Soundgroup, a 10" subwoofer by Partsexpress and the Dayens Ampino amplifier have all survived in great shape and are part of his A/V setup in the new place. We just visited him over the holiday and I was reminded how good even relatively basic systems can be. Sometimes as an audio perfectionist one can forget that.

I am also glad that I was able to pass on to him my appreciation for high quality sound reproduction. This is probably not such an infrequent event in families.

I'll post some photos of his system. Maybe you'll also feel compelled to share a story/photo of a system you came up with for your child. :D

Boris

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Father/son or parent /child audio projects
« Reply #1 on: 3 Dec 2019, 03:56 am »
Hello, Boris.

History repeats itself. I was the first to reply to your speaker build thread and I do believe I'm first here.  :lol:

You did an excellent job setting your son up with a great sounding system. Congratulations!

My son just last week moved into his first home (a townhouse). I gave him my old standby Nuprime IDA-8 amp, a pair of gently used GR Research X-LS Encore monitors (purchased from Nature Boy), a Rythmik L12 subwoofer, and Blue Jeans speaker cables. He and his fiance are pretty enthusiastic about their new sound system.

I'll post pictures tomorrow. The subwoofer is supposed to arrive this Saturday.

Michael